Introductions.

Ashila's P.o.v

Introductions. A formal presentation of one person to another, in which each is told the other's name along with a few hobbies or likes. Introductions. Something I had long ago become accustomed to.

My father loved introducing his guests and companions to either me or each other. He'd always do it. "This is my daughter, Ashila, she's an A+ grade student, plays piano and violin, speaks French and Italian fluently and blah blah blah". My father loved introductions. He saw them as a sign to brag. I was an A+ student in everything except math, I could play many instruments including the drums, yes I was fluent in French and Italian but I was much preferred speaking my fluent sarcasm or great attitude. My father dismissed most of the stuff about me and picked the 'important' things to tell his friends. To make me the perfect daughter. To make an illusion that I was the perfect daughter.

Introductions were stupid in my eyes. I didn't see the point really. I mean we're either going to be friends or forget you even exist in two minutes. I didn't see the point in wasting three precious minutes of my life just so my father could gloat. I'd be fine with three minutes but having to go through those painful three minutes day after day, night after night. It was exhausting. So I'm sat here, eating my recess, at my table along with everyone else while they stare at me. All awaiting an explanation of who the smiling girl next to me is.

Morgan sighs obnoxiously loud, turns to me and raises a brow. I take no notice. "Fine" she drawls out "I'll introduce myself" she's tries to act mad but she knows. She knows how I hate introductions. "I'm Morgan, Ash's friend from home". I snorted at the word home. That place wasn't my home.

If I'm being totally honest with myself, the thought, and reality, of Morgan being here has put me in a sour mood. Not because I don't like her, god no, I love her. it's just a reminder of home. A reminder of all the lies and secretes. A reminder of my father.

"Really? Ashila never talks about her home, well not that I've ever asked, you've got to tell me all about it. I'll tell you all about my home too. Well its not much of a home, ha. Oh I'm Eli by the way, and this,-" he points to Ty "-this guy, this guys name is Ty, he doesn't talk much and always looks like hes frowning but that's means he likes you because if he didn't he'd tell you plain and clear to 'fuck off', okay and thats Rylan-" Eli points to Rylan and in return he raises a brow almost interested in what Eli has to say about him "-he is always moody and likes to think of himself as a badass-" at this I giggle whereas Rylan grunts "-and this girl with the pretty hair and cute smile is Ameia, she doesn't talk much and well you know Ash hmm."

Ameia blushes at Elis small compliment. They then all begin exchange 'hellos' and 'heys' when an idea pops into my head. Instead of me having to answer all the masses of questions I know Morgan will have for me i'll ask Eli to fill her in from day one. They both love talking right? I mean I'm sure Eli will exaggerate on a few details but Morgan absolutely will love it.

"Hey Eli, how about you show Morgan around and tell her all about my crazy antics. I mean you guys both love talking and are really similar, I'm surprised you aren't twins, I'm sure it'll be great fun."

Eli leaps out of his seat with enthusiasm "Yes, yes, yes, why didn't I think about that it'll be absolutely great. Would you like that morgan?"

"sounds good." she answers and begings to get up. Eli turns to Ameia with a small smile on his face "Would you like to come? I mean you don't have to if you don't want to. It might be really crazy because I talk a lot but I don't know it's okay, you don't have too."

"No i'd love to come with you, might get me out of my comfort zone a bit but it'll be nice." Ameia shyly answers.

"Great, I'm sure well all be the best of friends by the time we finish." Morgan smiles broadly.