Ameia.

Ashila's P.o.v

Walking into the cafeteria after class and checking into the front office, I notice my empty table. Continuing on to my way I sigh as I sit down. I should probably get something to eat however I'm still pretty full from all the chocolate I ate from breakfast. I guess I'm the kind of person that eats like an elephant but stays thin but at the same time, with the amount of junk food I actually eat, I'm surprised I haven't had a heart attack yet.

"Hey, um so no knife anymore? Right?" I look up to see the nervous yet curious face of the delightful Eli. I notice he's a little more jumpy than usual so I try to play it off.

"No Eli." I smile "No knife anymore" I add reassuringly whilst laughing as he sits getting comfortable.

"So, I saw you talk to Ameia today in class." Eli digs however trying to in a sneaky way. Eli thinks he's gotten away with it and starts eaten his lunch, a fancy looking burger.

Raising a brow at Eli "Yes, I did". I know what he wants but I'm not going to give it to him that easily.

"And, well, I also saw that she spoke back." Eli prys trying get the information out of me without asking the actual questions.

"Yeah" I reply casually without taking much notice to the conversation fiddling with my thumb ring that was given to me by my only friend back home.

"What'd you guys talk about?" Eli digs a little deeper now completely dismissing the idea of being sneaky.

I decide I've put it off long enough and grace him with the truth. "Well..." I pause trying to add effect. "She asked if I wanted to chill with her in her room before dinner and I said only if she sits with me at lunch and dinner" I act casual.

"You what?!" Eli shrieks and stands up which causes a few people to turn and stare to which Eli twitches and returns to his seat still staring at me wide eyed.

"Hey, so you said I could sit here at lunch... and dinner" Ameia walks up around to where I'm sitted with a small smile which widens with a obvious blush when she notices Eli across from me.

"No, I said you had to." I smile noticing Eli twitching as well as trying to hide his even more obvious blush. Ameia sits placing her tray of food on the table just as Rylan and Tyler join the table with their own treys of food.
__________________________

Walking through the hall to Ameia's room with her I remember back to lunch as how Eli was nervous about being around Ameia and then how Rylan and Tyler's jaws dropped when they first heard her speak. Overall lunch was a success and then once over I had two uneventful classes, none of which consisted of Charlotte. Once we reached her room and then Ameia opened the door showing me in I focused back into reality.

"So, this is your room" I looked around, surveying the room. Taking in the square room which consisted white walls and the one feature wall painted a blue-green colour. The bed was against that wall with an indie black and white design for the comforter. The pillows, plain white with simple writing that said on one pillow 'Sleep all day', and on the other, 'Dance all night'. Above the bed was a makeshift mosquito net with fairy lights knitted within. On that wall was a single photograph however on the opposite was drawings of all sorts of types.

"Yeah" Ameia said breathing out, taking in the room herself with a small smile as if she had done it herself and it meant a great deal to her. As if it wasn't the room or what belonged in it but the meaning behind it.

"I like it." I say as I walk around the room getting a better view of everything and running my fingers along the surface of the different materials.

"You say that a lot, you know" she replies from her spot at the doorway. Her eyes following my every move like a lion and it's prey.

"That's because I like a lot of things" I shrug as a come to a stop at the single photo within the entire room. It was a photo of a young woman smiling down at the young infant in her arms. From the corner of my eye I noticed Ameia studying me with glassy eyes as I looked over the photograph.

"You're a pretty cool chick, you know?" I say dismissing the photograph as I see Ameia doesn't want to talk about it.

"Um, thanks" she speaks awkwardly while shrugging it off with a laugh, scratching the back of her neck.

"You're welcome" I say bluntly as I smile at the intriguing, mysterious girl standing in front of me. I star at her trying to figure her out as if she's some kind of puzzle but I know there's a bigger meaning behind her than just a simple 'puzzle'.

"You know, you're a very blunt person although you kind of do it in a subtle way... does that make sense?"