Chapter 17

Okay, I am on a roll. I actually wrote chapters 15-17 all in the same night. I am quite surprised with myself haha. I came back on a strong note. This chapter is mainly another fluff chapter (I guess idk). Not much is happening in this but it's a conversation between Y/N and Sebastian, so enjoy!!

~~~

Y/n's POV

"I can't believe we're doing this! Is this really happening? Are you sure you want to do this? I mean, it's not too late to back out. Well, actually we move tomorrow so it's a little short notice. But that's totally fine, I don't mind. Do you mind? Cause if that's the case then-" My rant was cut off by Sebastian who decided a kiss was the best way to stop me from talking.

"Y/N, you're rambling again." He said when we parted.

"I know, I know. It's just... I'm nervous. I mean we're moving to New York. New York! What if we go out and get settled but realize that we're not good enough? What if I'm not good enough for Broadway or our music careers don't take off? What will we do then? Just pack up and leave?" I ask with a frown growing on my face.

"Okay, first of all, you are so incredibly talented. Producers would be absolutely insane not to sign you any deals or offer you any parts in shows. Second, if and I mean if by chance we don't make it then we can always keep trying or, like you said, leave and find somewhere that'll be better for us. Who knows, maybe music isn't the career for us. You always did say you wanted to be a O/n (a/n: occupation name) growing up, didn't you?" He said, wrapping his arms around my waist and swaying us side to side.

"Well, yeah but-" I began.

"No buts. You have nothing to worry about. We have our whole lives ahead of us. If you spend too much time getting worked up about the future then you're going to miss out on the present. You don't want to look back one day and regret not living." He mumbled as he twirled me a bit.

"I guess you're right..." I sigh.

"Mhm. Besides, Rachel and Kurt are moving in next door to us and so are Beca and Amy. It'll be like one of those old sitcoms we watch together. I'll be there for you." He sings the last part and dips me back with his arms supporting me. I laugh as he brings me back up while I try flattening down my hair that ruffled up a bit while we were dancing.

"I still can't believe it. We're moving to New York tomorrow. We're really leaving Lima." I say.

"Yeah, it's not surprising though. We also knew we were going to leave as soon as we could. We always wanted to get away, right?" He said as he pulled me to sit on the sofa we had yet to pack.

"Yes, but it's all happening so fast. It seems like just yesterday that we had first met. Or how about our first date? And us graduating? When did the time fly by?" I started, "And as much as I want to leave here and believe me, I do. I can't help but feel a bit sad about it too." I leaned into him as we talked.

"It's okay. I'm sad about it too. Even after all of the things we've gone through, all of the shit we've had to put up with, it's still our home. This is where we grew up, where we met our friends, where we met each other. It holds a lot of memories for us, but that doesn't mean we should stay here forever. This place is all we've known, we should see more of what's out there. And whatever happens, we'll get through it together." He responded, his thumb rubbing comforting circles on my hip.

"Together." I repeated, like a mantra rolling off my tongue. "So, New York huh?" 

~~~

A/N: Hi guys! So this author note is more of an update. I think that this story is beginning to come to an end. I think I'll write to about Chapter 20ish before this story is officially finished. I want to let you know how much this story has meant to me and the fact that it became this popular is absolutely mind-blowing. I can't wait to write more stories so I hope you'll stick around for that. Thank you for all of the love and support that this story has gotten. I've gone through all of the comments throughout this story and it's crazy that there's over 700 comments all together. I am so happy with the way this turned out and how many people have enjoyed getting to read my work. I never would have thought it was going to get this big. But don't worry, it isn't over yet. So look forward to another update soon. <3