Chapter 13

Y/n's POV

"Y/n, are you ready to go? The bus leaves any minute-" Beca calls, walking into the practice room, "-now."

I had tears running down my cheeks and my legs pulled up to me while I sobbed. Beca immediately walked over and sat beside me, wrapping an arm around me. This only made me sob harder and lean on her.

"What's wrong?" She asked once I calmed down.

"I don't know. It's just, I miss them. All of them, and I know I shouldn't but-"

"-but they're your friends." Beca states, finishing my sentence.

"Yeah." I whispered, looking down.

"And you still love him." She says.

"Yeah." I whisper again, quieter.

"Look, first of all, what happened to you isn't your fault so stop blaming yourself. And don't even, I know you better than you think." I laughed at her and she cracked a smile at me. "Second of all, you're right. They are your friends. You love them and they love you. It just took them awhile to come around. And you know what?"

I shook my head at her, "What?"

"Real friends, don't stop. And by the looks of it, they aren't giving up anytime soon either." She says. "Now, we have a competition to win!"

I laugh and we stand up. I quickly wipe my eyes and we grab our bags to head to our bus. When we stepped on someone shouted, 'Well look who finally showed up!"

"Shut up Jesse." Beca and I both say, taking a seat beside him and Benji.

When we got to McKinley, we took our saved spots and waited for the competition to begin. I felt nervous seeing him after what happened.

"Introducing the Dalton Academy Warblers!" The announcer's voice boomed through the speakers.

Beca could tell that I was tense and leaned over to me, "Hey, don't worry. Everything is going to be okay."

I simply just nodded my head at her before turning my attention towards the stage.

Sebastian with Warblers:

Come on, stand, up again

Stand, you're gonna run again

Sebastian:

Don't give up,

You're gonna see tomorrow

Sebastian with Warblers:

That you'll be on your feet again

Sebastian (Warblers):

Sometimes the world's gonna knock you over

But you will see who are your friends (Ooooo!)

Sebastian with Warblers:

Come on, stand, up again

Come on, stand,

Stand, you're gonna run again

Sebastian:

Your faith and patience will be your soldiers

Sebastian with Warblers:

To guide you through your troubled times

Sebastian:

Just put one foot in front of the other

Sebastian with Warblers: