8 - School

"Percy, davay, priyatel'. Ty videl shkolu, ya videl, kak ty zapominayesh' koridory i svoi klassy, u tebya vsego poldnya, i ya zaberu tebya k uzhinu." Bucky said trying to coerce his son out of the truck. (come on bud. You've seen the school, I watched you memorise the hallways, and your classes, you only have half a day, and I'll be picking you up in time for dinner.)

Percy shook his head. Seeing how many kids were here, he didn't want to do it. He was too scared. He had never been around so many people, let alone people his own age.

"Kak naschet togo, chtoby ya provozhu tebya na priyem, a potom oni otvedut tebya v klass, khorosho?" Bucky asked. (How about, I walk you up to the reception, and then they take you to your class, okay?)

Percy slowly nodded and they got out of the truck. He held his Nemo bookbag close to his chest and Bucky guided him with a hand on his shoulder.

They made it to the reception and next to the desk was a Latino boy his age and a lady, who showed them around before, behind it who smiled at Percy, who did not return it. "Hiya Percy!"

Percy didn't say anything and tried walking backwards away from her, but ended up walking into his pops, who sighed.

"We talked about this bud."

"Ne mozhet... ne mozhet Natasha pouchit' menya?" Percy asked quietly looking up at his pops with fearful eyes.(Can't-can't Natasha school me?)

"Ty znayesh', pochemu ty dolzhen khodit' v shkolu, Percy. Yesli net, to ty budesh' vynuzhden zhit' s mamoy, a v dannyy moment ty dazhe ne khochesh' nochevat' u neye, ne govorya uzhe o tom, chtoby byt' tam vechno" (You know why you have to go to school Percy. If you don't then you will be forced to live with your mom, and at the moment you don't even want to spend the night at hers, let alone be there for ever.)

Percy looked down at his shoes and Bucky got down to his level and gently lifted his chin to get Percy to look at him. "Slushay, priyatel', ty zdes' tol'ko do poludnya, u tebya yest' trevozhnaya knopka, kotoruyu Toni sdelal dlya tebya, tak chto, yesli chto-to sluchitsya, my uznayem, tak chto, yesli u tebya sluchitsya panicheskaya ataka, ili u tebya vozniknet vospominaniye, ili sluchitsya chto-to, chto tebya napugayet, ya soobshchu. brosay vse i idi za toboy. "

(Look bud, you're only here until noon, you have the panic button Tony made for you so if something happens we'll know, so if you have a panic attack or get a flashback or something happens that scares you, I'll drop everything and come get you.)

"Promise?" Percy asked a bit louder holding out his pinky finger.

"I promise." Bucky reassured him shaking Percy's little finger with his own.

Bucky then ruffled Percy's hair and stood up. He said bye to Percy and left leaving Percy in the reception.

"Percy, this is Hugo, he's from Spain. Hugo this is Percy, he's from Russia but also speaks Spanish. You're both in the same classes, so I have asked Hugo to show you around. Of you boys go now, don't want to be late to your first lesson."

Percy silently followed Hugo to their homeroom, not listening to the boy as he rapidly spoke in Spanish, but giving the occasional sì or no, to a question.

Once in the homeroom, Percy sat in the very back, as far away from the doors and windows as possible, which coincidentally was the second to last seat available. The other being the one next to him.

Not long after Percy sat down did their teacher come into the class. "Okay class. Today we got a new student. His name is Perseus, he has been home schooled all his life, so please make him feel welcome. Other than that, you can talk quietly amongst yourselfs or do some homework or read a book."