19 - Steve's back

Steve got back from his mission four days after Bruce released Percy from the med bay. During those four days, Steve hadn't called or messaged anyone to find out how Percy was and he didn't answer any phone calls or texts sent to him either. So when he walked into the tower when Bucky was leaving with Percy to go to the park, the older man was not happy, and apparently neither was Percy.

"Hey Nemo, why don't you go find Uncle Clint. I'll come and get you when I've finished talking to your dad." Bucky said softly to Percy.

Percy nodded and stuck his tounge out at Steve, to which Bucky tried not to laugh and went to go find Clint.

"Where have you been?" Bucky asked, stone faced.

"I was on a mission. You know that." Steve answered.

"A mission that didn't require you to go radio silent. You didn't have a need to not answer any calls or messages, or to not speak to your son. Do you know how upset he's been? How scared he has been since Hydra infultrated his school? No! Because you couldn't care enough to be there!"

"I'm sorry." Steve said weakly.

"Do you know how many times he asked if he was the reason you hadn't said anything? If he was the reason we are no longer together? If he was the reason you weren't there? No, you don't! And all you can say is sorry! Sorry isn't a reason for why you weren't there Steven."

"You're right. It's not. And I wish I can tell you that I have a reason as to why I didn't call or text or answer anyone, but I don't and I'm sorry." Steve said not looking Bucky in the eye.

"You know what? Whatever. Do what you want. You don't want to see or talk to me that's absolutly fine. But Percy was unconsious, and all you managed was to answer one phone call, and then decided you wanted nothing to do with him. Get your shit together or you won't be seeing him, at all." Bucky snarled at him, before going to go get Percy.

"Papa?" Percy asked sitting next to him eating an ice-cream.

"Yeah Nemo?"

"What's camp?" He asked looking at his pop's innocently. "I heard you and Sam talking about it."

Bucky almost choked on his coffee, cleared his throat and looked at his son. "It's like a special school, for kids with ADHD and Dyslexia like you. Only it's not just a school that is open during normal school times, its also open during the holidays."

"If it's for kids like me, then why aren't I already going there?" 

"Because, its not like normal school where you come home at the end of the day, you live there. And you can choose to live there all year round, so for the entire year including holidays, or just stay there during the summer. And I'm selfish and scared that if I send you to that camp, that you will choose to stay there and not come back home." Bucky said truthfully. "But I also know that this camp will keep you safe. So if you want to go, I will not stop you."

Percy thought for a moment. "You said that I can choose to go just of a summer?" 

Bucky nodded.

"Then can we do that?" 

"Of course we can bud." Bucky smiled and wrapped an arm around him, then let him go to go play.

When they got back to the tower Percy went straight to find Clint to see if their prank on Tony worked but ended up bumping into Steve. 

"Hey bud, how you feeling?"

Percy ignored him, and tried to go past him.

"Perce." Steve said grabbing his shoulder sounding slightly hurt.

"What? So now you wan to talk to me?" Percy snarled, his accent very prominant.

"Percy, it's not like that."

"But it is. You ignored every call and text that I sent you, that everyone sent you. So it is like that." Percy walked past Steve and the man called out an apology.

Percy continued is hunt for Clint and when he found him, Clint showed him the video of all of Tony's tools being mistplaced by Dum-e everytime he put one down.

Percy laughed as he watched the camera footage and even harder when Tony walked into the room.

"Hey. I knew it was you, you little devil." Tony tickled Percy and Percy tried to get away but Clint held him down.

"Traitor." Percy cried between his laughs at Clint.

Eventually Tony stopped tickling him and Clint let go and Percy called Clint a traitor, when Steve walked in, and everyone's smiles immediately left their faces.

"Percy, can we talk bud." Steve asked.

"No."

"Percy, please, just let me explain." Steve begged the kid walking up to him.

"He said no Steve." Tony said standing up, getting in Steve's way as Clint got ready incase he too had to get up.

"I just want to talk to my son Tony."

"Well he said he doesn't want to talk to you, so back off." Tony threatened his hand ready to call his suit.

Steve looked at Percy who was hugging Clint and looked back at Tony, scoffed and turned and left the room.

"You okay bud?" Tony asked sitting back down next to Percy.

Percy nodded un-convincingly but neither Tony nor Clint pushed him for an answer. Percy was confused, why did Steve want to talk to him now, but not when he wanted to talk to him, Percy didn't think it was fair and so he was going to ignore Steve for now, until he felt ready to talk to him.

"Alpine!" Percy almost yelled when he said the white cat walk in, and he jumped of the couch, much to the ammusment of his two uncles.

Alpine meowed as Percy picked her up and she sat on his shoudler, her head rubbing against his as Bucky walked in.

"Time to get ready for bed Nemo."

"Okay Papa." Percy said and gave Tony and Clint a hug, and said goodnight to them.

When they got to their floor, Percy got ready for bed, brushed his teeth, got his pyjamas on, and then Bucky tucked him in and gave him a story, as Alpine curled up at his feet.

A/N Hey guys, so I know it's been a long while and I apologise. I still have vertigo and the Dr's think it's Ménière's disease which has no cure and any medication that has been given to me has not worked.

I've finally unpacked all of my stuff and for the past week and a half I've been staying with my nan helping her out while it's the easter holidays and I don't have lessons, however I have a shit ton of homework to do that I'm not gonna bother with, because it doesn't go towards my grade and I no longer care if I pass or fail.

Any way thanks for reading and I hope to see you guys again soon. Bye 😁