9 - Expulsion No. 1

Percy got used to school, and after four months started doing full days and Hugo became his only friend and the two only spoke Spanish to each other, and Hugo helped him with his English.

Hugo had also gone over to the tower, and the new home that Bucky had manage to buy, after school to play with Percy, and got star struck by the Avengers, but got used to them, and occasionally when Steve and Bucky were on a mission and unable to pick Percy up after school, Percy would go over to Hugo's and they would either do homework together or play games.

However, teachers noticed how smart Percy was and he overheard them on the phone to his Pops, about him skipping a few grades. Percy heard this, and on every peice of work afterwards, he made sure he didn't get higher than a C-. All he wanted to be was normal, and if he skipped grades then he wouldn't be, and he wouldn't get to spend his free time in class talking with Hugo.

Bucky noticed this and sat down with him and they talked about it. Bucky agreed that as long as he got taught by Tony on the weekends on stuff more his level, he won't make him skip a few grades.

And so Percy continued school, staying out of everyone's way and Tony tutoring him on a weekend, before his visits with his mom. Dispite trying at least once a month, Percy was still unable to sleep in a room without his pops and so he was yet to spend the night at his mother's, but they were working on it, but at least he felt safe enough to not have to sleep in the same bed.

Near the end of the school year, Steve got a phone call saying Percy was in the Principles office and was to come down immediately. And so Steve did.

Percy sat in the Principals office, his knees up to his chest with his arms wrapped around them, while he waited for one of his dad's to pick him up. He hoped it was Steve and not his pops though, because Steve was less likely to be angry.

He had tried really hard to be good, and all he wanted was to do something for his Pops. He had wanted Percy to go to school, so Percy did, but now he was being kicked out and all because he was too distracted and pulled the wrong lever.

Percy looked up when someone knocked on the door and looked back down when Steve walked in. "Ah, Mr Rogers, thank you for coming. I understand you must be busy, so I'll make this meeting short."

"Just a minute Mr Jones." Steve said to the Principal and turned to Percy. "Are you okay Perce? You hurt?" Percy shook his head "Wait outside for me okay, Buddy?"

Percy nodded his head and left and Steve turned to Mr Jones. "If he's not hurt, why are we here?"

"Well you see, he dunked his entire class into a shark tank." Mr Jones started.

"And how did he have access to do that?" Steve questioned.

"Well he was asked to pull a lever and he pulled the wrong one, and sent his class to swim with the sharks, instead of the one that fed them."

"So let me get this straight, you let an ADHD, over excited and overwhelmed child to pull a lever, that decided whether his class was going for a swim, or if they got fed?" Steve interrogated.

"Well, the levers were labeled, so there was no excuse."

"He is severely dyslexic, and English is his 7th language. You try reading, in a foreign language whilst being dyslexic." Steve argued.

"I, well. The school board have decided that he is to be expelled. He has caused too many problems this year, and dropping his class into a shark tank was the last straw." Mr Jones suttered.

"You're expelling him, because your staff weren't able to help him read a label? Knowing full well that he has learning disabilities, and knowing that on top of those disabilities, he struggles with English." Steve said and even though he kept his voice level, you could hear the anger in it.