22 - Becoming a Matador

Percy didn't get a very good sleep that night, not only due to the heavy thunder, but also because of his dream. While it wasn't as bad as some of the ones he had, it certainly wasn't pleasent. 

He was on a beach, waves crashing angrily, wind blowing dangerously, and in the edge of the shore was a horse, fighting an Eagle. Well it was more like they were trying to kill eachother. Percy tried to move to them, but his feet were stuck to the sand almost like they were glues, and so he tried yelling at them to stop fighting, but his voice didn't work and so he was forced to watch the two animals fight eachother, until a very loud banging scared him awake.

Percy immediatly jumped  out of bed, Alpine right next to him and the banging sounded again, and Percy saw his Pops making his way to the door, gun in his hand as he motioned Percy to stay in his room.

Percy did, but still watched as after a third bang on the door, Bucky opened it and pointed a gun. Percy immediatly came out of his room, and ran to the door. 

"Grover! What the hell are you doing here?" He exclaimed, then noticed he didn't have any trousers on, and had goat legs.

"Percy, what happened at school?" Bucky asked, suddenly looking scared.

"You didn't tell him?" Grover exclaimed then cursed in what Percy recognised as Greek and said that something was right behind him.

"Percy, skazhi mne seychas!" Bucky demanded, grabbing keys. (tell me now.)

So percy told him about Mrs Dodds, and Bucky ushered both kids into the truck, after tossing Percy his rain caot and Alpine jumped onto his shoulder. Bucky broke several speed limits going through the country roads, barely able to see through the very thick rain, and he told Percy to call Sam and to put the phone on speaker, so he did.

"Sam, listen, I'm heading towards the camp, something is chasing us, and we're with a satyr, let the others know." Bucky shouted down the phone.

"Alright, is everyone ok so far?" Sam asked sounding concerned.

"Yeah, but I got to go, it's hard to see." 

"Be safe. Percy, listen to whatever your pops has to say." Sam said before hanging up.

"Papa, what's going on? Grover why do you have the legs of a donky?"

Grover bleated a Baaa, before exclaiming he had goat legs not donkey legs, then he tried to explain that the myths that Mr Brunner taught about were real, and that they used the mist to cover up Mrs Dodds and hope that he would of thought it was a hallucination.

"But, but everything different about me is because I was a human experiment, that's why I'm stronger and faster than kids." Percy said looking at his pops.

"Well, partly yes, but it's not the entire reason. Hydra just wanted to make you stronger than you already are. And Percy, you live on and off with a Norse God, this is no different to that, only difference is the Greek ones, don't really socalise with mortals."

A roar could be heard from the distance behind them, and they knew they were still being followed, and Grover asked is Bucky could drive faster, and he sped up some more before taking a sharp left onto a narrower road, where Percy could barely make out the pick your own strawberry signs.

"Where, are we going?" Percy asked, still very confuused.

"The summer camp I told you about a couple of months ago, you'll be safe there, away from danger, that your in right now."

"Because some old ladies cut yarn?"

Grover explained that they were the fates and then said that they only do that when looking at you when you're about to die, but he realised what he said and switched you're to someone.