Part 4

"Missouri said that he has powerful abilities." I barked out, my frustration growing.

"Leave Sam out of this."

"Leave him out..." I huffed and clasped my hand over my forehead. "John. There is something you're not telling me, and I can't help you if you keep things from me." His deep-set eyes flashed to mine in a warning.

"We've been over this fucking thing a million times," he growled.

"Yeah! And we're still not solving the problem! Why won't you listen to me?!" I yelled back. Someone knocked on the wall, telling us to keep it down. John's eyes flashed over the scar that had formed on my cheek, a reminder of what happened when we broke my rules. I sighed. "All I'm asking is that you're honest with me. Is Sam involved?"

"He's just a kid. He should be at law school right now." John ran his hand over his beard. He had let me cut his hair the previous week, ashamed that I had gotten hurt. I took advantage of the opportunity, but the beard suited his face, so I didn't comment on that.

"That didn't answer my question." I pointed out, and the heat in his eyes flared up again. "I need a yes or no."

"I don't know," John admitted, and I gave him a pointed look, saying I didn't believe him. "I suspect..." He sighed tiredly when I nodded. I wouldn't push the matter further tonight. I'd get my answers in time.

There was a knock on the door. I met the hunter's gaze and felt for the gun tucked into the back of my pants. John walked over to the door, his big hunting knife in a firm grasp, when he slowly opened up.

"People are complaining." A voice on the other side of the door said. I didn't put away my gun.

"Oh, sorry. My daughter can be stubborn as hell. Drives me fucking crazy." He glanced back at me as he spoke, and I smirked at him just to piss him off.

"Yeah, well... Just keep it down." John shut the door and locked it without answering the man on the other side.

"We're leaving soon anyway." I reminded him. He looked at our packed bags.

"Actually..."

"No."

"You don't even know what I was gonna say." He pointed a finger at me, and I felt like a little girl being scolded.

"Yeah, I do. You're gonna tell me you've found another case." He dropped his hand and gave me a cold glare, telling me I was right. "I know that tone, and my answer is no. We're leaving."

"People are dying."

"I'm not going to convince you to continue your search. If you wanna leave alone, that's fine."

"Will... I've been keeping tabs on the place for years. There are two new deaths; that makes four people dead in total. Multiple sightings."

I chewed on my lower lip. "We're not going. With my ribs... I- I can't fight." I told him, looking away.

"Let me text Dean."

"No way. We are going to follow the rules this time."

"Willow." I met his stern gaze and glared back. "Four dead." He repeated in his deep, demanding voice.

"Urgh!" I growled out in frustration before taking a deep breath and closing my eyes, trying to get my thoughts in order. "One text." I agreed. "One text -from my phone."

"You have a phone?"

"Yeah, it's for emergencies only. It's encrypted." I walked over to my bag and dug around for a second before holding it up in triumph. "The shorter the message, the better, and we're leaving the second you send it," I told him, handing it over.