Part 57

"You okay?"

"I think so," I mumbled, staring at my computer. My right hand was compleetly useless for the time being, but at least the doctors told me I had been "lucky"; it would slowly heal. The cast did annoy the living hell out of me, though. It took me twice as long to search for what I was looking for. 

"It's okay to talk about it, you know," Liam told me.

"They're in Massachusetts," I announced, slamming my computer shut and ignoring his previous words. "Step on the gas. I want to be there before it gets dark tomorrow."

He sighed deeply. "Willow..."

"I can drive for a while if you're tired. You've been behind the wheel since we left," I interrupted, shooting him a look. 

He held up a placating hand. "Fine. No, I'll drive."

We arrived just before midnight the following day. It took a little while to find the Impala parked outside an old run-down house on the outskirts of town. I wasted no time getting out of the car, leaving Liam and my bags behind, and began to run towards the house, ignoring my bad leg. 

I had waited so long to return and swore I would never leave again. Never. 

I didn't even knock on the door. I flung it open and stepped inside, half expecting the brothers to draw their guns on me. They were standing just a few paces away in what seemed to be the living room.

"What the–" Dean began but cut himself off. His eyes met mine, and I barely noticed that Sam had gotten to his feet or Bela, who crouched over a cluttered table. 

Liam's curses from outside broke the loud silence. "The doctor said to stay off the leg!" I felt his presence behind me, but I couldn't take my eyes off Dean. 

Before I registered him moving, I was crushed in his embrace. 

"You're okay. You're okay. Where the hell have you been?" he murmured as he held me close, close. Lips on my temple.

His name fell off my lips like a broken record, "Dean. Dean, Dean, Dean, Dean." 

His hands were in my hair, on my neck, and I reluctantly pulled away from the safety of his chest when he placed a hand on my cheek, guiding me back so he could look at me. His eyes took in my face. I had lost weight since last he saw me. My muscle mass was gone, and I knew I looked like shit, starving for the previous few months. In addition, the fading black eyes under my eyes didn't help. "We were told you were dead. We, we thought you were dead. I thought–"

I crashed my lips to his, wrapping my arms around him and pulling him closer again. 

"Can you be careful?" Liam hissed in annoyance beside us, but I ignored him. 

Dean kissed me like it was the last day on earth. 

"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry," I murmured into the kiss. "I love you." 

"Where have you been, Will?"

"I love you," I repeated. His lips reclaimed mine.

"I love you," he murmured into my lips. Another bone-crushing hug and I let out a contented sigh. 

"Okay, that's enough. Can't you see she's hurt?" Liam snapped, making Dean turn to face him, still an arm around me. 

"Don't make it seem worse than it is," I snarled back at my brother. 

"That's not funny, Lo."

"No," I bit back. "It's not." 

Mumbling curses under his breath, he accepted Dean's outstretched hand with a reluctant, "Good to see you again, man."