Part 54

"Because Demon, that's why. I mean the second you find out this Ruby chick is a Demon you go for the holy water! You don't chat!" Dean scolded his brother. 

I was laying down in the backseat, back turned to the brothers and face towars the backrest. Sam had finally told Dean about his run in with the demon, and his reaction was similat to mine. Frustration. Although Dean didn't break down crying. 

"No one was chatting, Dean," Sam defended himself.

"Oh yeah? Then why didn't you send her ass back to Hell?" Dean pushed.

"Because - Because she said she might be able to help us out!" 

"How?" 

Sam paused, shifting annoyed.

"No really, Sam, how? How could she possibly help us?" Dean continued. 

"She told me she could help you, OK?" Dean didn't answer, so Sammy continued to clarify. ""Help you out of the crossroads deal."

"What is wrong with you, huh?" Dean asked incredulously. "She's lying, you gotta know that, don't you? She knows what your weakness is – it's me." He sighed. "What else did she say?"

It was quiet for a moment and I was tempted to glance over my shoulder, but I already knew Sam was sulking, not very happy with Dean's reaction.

"Dude?"

"Nothing," Sam finally relented. "Nothing, OK?! Look I'm not an idiot Dean, I'm not talking about trusting her, I'm talking about using her. I mean we're at war, right? And we don't know jack about the enemy; we don't know where they are, we don't know what they're doing. I mean, hell, we don't know what they want. Now this Ruby girl knows more than we will ever find out on our own. Now yes, it's a risk, I know that, but we need to take it."

"You're okay right, I mean you're feeling okay?" Dean questioned. 

"Yes I'm fine," Sam snapped. "Why are you always asking me that?"

A phone started ringing and I couldn't help but flinch at the sound. I couldn't hear any of the boys reacting ot it at first, but after the second rig Sam spoke up. "It's not mine."

"Nope," Dean said, as if checking his own. 

I jerked to attention, looking down on my phone. It wasn't mine either, but I soon realized that the sound came from my bag. "It's your dad's," I mumbled as I ripped though the bag to fish up the phone. 

"Dad's?" Sam repeated confused.

"Yeah, I... I started it back up a few weeks ago. I thought, maybe, it'd be good if any old contact called. You know with information..." I flipped the phone open and answered. "Hello?"

"Hello, I am calling from SelfStorage Buffalo. I am looking for Mr. and Mrs. Oren?" A male voice spoke on the other end. 

"Yes, this is Mrs. Oren," I answered, rubbing my eyes, feeling the building headache. 

"I am sorry to imform you that there had been a break in in your storage unit. Our policy is to inform the owners as soon as possible. I'll be calling it in to the police–"

"Oh no, no. There is no need for that. Me and my husband is actully close by, we'll come by and take a look ourselves. Do you mind locking it back up until we get back there?"

"O-Okay, mrs. Oren. I can do that. I'll see you soon then."

I hung up and looked at the phone in my hand for a second. "Have you ever been to John's storage unit outside Buffalo?"