Chapter 3

"Why?!" Emma screamed in dismay as several royal guards pinned her down to the ground. She looked the man in the eyes in disbelief as the arid smoke assaulted her nose. "My men did nothing for this?! Why?!" Emma cried out for reason as she struggles to move.

Men in green littered the burning land as towering men in gold stood over their lifeless bodies. Only Emma remained. The eyes of the fallen green soldiers were still opened, the pain of their death and betrayal was still evident in their eyes.

Emma felt more sorrow than rage than anyone else in the world as the man before her was the one she did not expect to meet. "What have they done to deserve this fate?! They have done nothing wrong! So why?!" Emma continued to cry as her eyes glare in hatred.

The man before her wore an exquisite white suit with a red crest of the imperial family on his left breast. He did not look to belong on such a gruesome field, but he was here nonetheless as his uncaring emerald eyes stared down at her.

"Ans-" Emma was cut off as the butt of a spear hits her jaw squarely in the face. "Watch your tongue traitor! You are in the presence of-" "Answer me Kier!" Emma did not listen, nor did she even care to listen as her eyes were only focused towards the man before her.

"This wench-" "Enough." A single command cuts the guard who was about to slam the butt of his spear again on Emma's jaw. Emma's eyes glowed dangerously in silence as she waited for him to speak.

"...I have heard rumors among the court." Emma's eyes widen in shock as Kier continued to speak. "They say a certain someone grew disgustingly greedy towards the soon-to-be princess... I have decided to care matters into my own hands before it gets any worse." Kier said.

"I've heard what... actions... you would go so far if it means to annihilate your enemies commander Emma... I could not take the risk of endangering the soon to be high princess life if there is something I could do." Kier calmly replied as Emma begins to tremble.

"You... killed my men... on a basis of a rumor?" Emma spit out the word in disbelief as her pupils trembled violently at the man. "YOU KILLED 500 LOYAL SOULS BASED ON A SUPERSTITION?? HOW BLIND CAN YOU BE?!" Emma roared in rage as the knights struggled to control her.

"No Emma, you killed them Emma. All 500 of them. You, not me." The high prince coolly replied as if he was expecting this. Emma blinked in utter shock for a moment before gnashing her teeth hard, creating an unpleasant and loud sound.

"...Did she tell you?" Emma growled as Kier simply stared in her eyes. "Did she tell you to do it?... if you are being controlled then-" "No Emma. I did this... all on my own accord." Emma winces before burying her face deep into the ground. The cruel gnashing of the teeth were all to be heard as they watched the former commander's frame trembled.

"...Take her away, I don't want to stay in this hel hole any longer than I have to." The guards nodded in reply as Kier turned his back from Emma. One of the guards approached Emma with a syringe in his hand that would be enough to drugged any adult male ten times over.

Emma struggled desperately from the gripped but failed as four trained and equipped knights held each of her limb. When the needle pierces her neck, Emma roared defiantly as the drug immediately begins to work. "KKIIIEERRRR!!!" Emma howled in fury as the image of the man burned into her memory.

֍

Emma's eyes snapped wide open as she felt something touched her shoulders. The years of experiences that drill deep into her soul forces her body to move as if it were in danger. Her vision barely catches on as she pinned something to the ground.