Chapter 22

"Sister Lucy, that red hairman is looking for you again." A little girl said as she tugged Lucy in the midst of her chores. Lucy gave the child a small smile before walking towards the direction the little girl pointed.

"Ah, good afternoon sister Lucy! I hope I didn't interrupt your time?" Seth said with a smile, carrying two bags as Lucy answered back with a sigh.

"This is the 5th time of this week, aren't you getting tired of this?" Seth shook his head with his usual smile as he replied.

"I told you. I want to learn more about you, your stories in particular!" Seth said as Lucy frowned.

"Didn't I tell you all of that already?" Lucy asked as Seth gave a small grin.

"Come now sister Lucy, we both know that there is more to it." Seth said as Lucy just gave another sigh.

"Well, whatever, you're coming in or not?" Lucy said as she opened the door fully for Seth.

"Excuse me then." Seth said as he dusted off his shoes before entering.

"Leave your shoes on the rack. I just swept the floor, and I am not about to do it again." Seth nodded as he did as instructed.

The two slowly made their way into the guestroom when they walked past several children. "Ah! It's the red-haired man again!" One of the children pointed as they soon swarmed in from all directions.

"Hello, sir Seth!"

"Hi!..." The children greeted Seth with enthusiasm as he smiled.

"Hi, kids! I've got something special for you again!" Seth said with a smile as their tiny little eyes glimmered in anticipation.

"Candy? Is it candy?" The children asked as Seth shook his head with a smile.

"No, guess again." Seth said as the children were only drawn in.

"Chocolate?! Is it chocolate??" The children grew even more excited as Seth could only smile further and shook his head yet again. "Then what is it?? Tell us tell us!" The children cried in protest as Seth finally revealed his stash.

"It is cake everyone!" Seth said as the children's eyes glowed in excitement.

"Cake! It's cake!" The children began to shout in joy when Lucy suddenly snatched the bag.

"Children, we are not going to eat cake until you have finished your greens." Lucy said as the children despaired.

"B-but sister Lucy! V-vegetables are not tasty! Cake is tasty!"

"Right right!" The children cried in protest but Lucy was unmoved.

"No buts." Lucy said as the children began to throw a fit.

"But we want cake! We want cake!" The children cried as Lucy hesitated.

"Please sister Lucy? Just one slice, pretty please?" The children immediately pushed their advantage when they saw Lucy hesitate.

"N-no! You will not eat any more of what sir Seth brings unless you finish your vegetables." Lucy said, taking all of her strength to deny them.

The children were about to cry when Seth stepped in. "Kids, your sister Lucy here had come and prepared you all the most delicious of greens. She would be so sad if you only ate cake and not hers." The discontent slowly died down as Seth continued.

"You don't want to make sister Lucy and the others sad don't you?" The children slowly nodded their heads in understanding as they slowly approached Lucy.

"S-sorry sister Lucy. W-we promise to finish our greens." The children said as the sisters arrived.

"...Don't worry dears. You can eat this cake when you finish your greens." The children's eyes lit up once more as Lucy handed the bag where the cake had been.