Chapter 21

"Welcome!" An enthusiastic voice greeted Lucy and Seth as the door chimed open. The place was exactly as Seth had said as it was a small yet warm coffee shop. The smoky scent of freshly served coffee wafts through the air as two or three customers enjoy their drinks.

"How's the business going Avf?" Seth replied with the same enthusiasm as the barista smiled. He was a tall slightly tan imperial male in his late 20s with a bulk and well-built muscle. His dark brown eyes sparkled in delight when he saw Seth.

"Getting better sir Seth! Thanks to your support, I have my very own shop now! It's small but she is the one for me! Honestly, I was worried I would wake up one day from this dream, but so far I am enjoying it." Avf replied as Lucy began to look around.

There was a total of 10 tables. 8 could support two customers while 2 larger ones could support 5. The interior was founded on oak wood and surprisingly enough, even smooth stone. Stones were rarely used due to their limited quantity.

It is said only nobles and rarely, well-off commoners were able to make purchases, yet this shop has one. "Oh? I see you brought a friend! May I-!" Avf stopped midsentence when he saw her face.

Lucy could feel the wave of disgust hit the man as his gaze faltered at that moment. Lucy knew the man was not at fault, yet she could not help but flinch at his response. She knew she was not beautiful anymore. She knew all too well how hideous it was to look at her skin, yet still, it hurts.

The man's tan skin paled slightly as his dark brown eyes shifted uncomfortably away from Lucy. "Ah right! This is an acquaintance of mine. Sister Lucy this is Avf, the barista and owner of this fine establishment. Avf this is sister Lucy, one of the sisters who recently joined in.

Lucy nodded ever so slightly in response as Avf returned the gesture albeit stiffly. "Hey hey, why are you going quiet all of a sudden? At least say hi." Seth said though Lucy only returned a troublesome gaze. "Well, no matter, anyways Avf. Can you give us the usual?" Seth said.

"Eh? Are you sure? I know you like that, but..." Avf trailed off as he awkwardly gestured for Lucy. "She might not like it..." Avf said as Seth turned to Lucy.

"Well?" Seth said as Lucy shrugged off in response. Seth smiled as Avf nodded back in response.

"Well, two black coffees it is then. You can have a seat wherever you want, I'll be with you shortly." Avf said as the two settled down beside the door.

"You know, by the looks of an outsider, it's like we are going out." Seth smirked at the sight of Lucy frowning in disapproval.

"You do know I am a sister right?" Lucy calmly asked as Seth's smirk turned into a smile. "Oh really? If that truly was the case, you would have worn a full-length veil by now rather than that short one." Seth pointed as Lucy's ear reddened slightly.

"I-I have my reasons..." Lucy sheepishly replied as Seth continued.

"Could it possibly be, because you; Want. To. Marry?" Seth paused at each word as Lucy glared in return. Though Lucy could never hide her ever-brightening ears.

"Alright gobs, what is it want." Lucy smirked back as Seth visibly frowned for a moment.

"Hey now, I am not that greedy." Seth said.

"But you are just as greedy as those green bastards, so gobs it is." Lucy said triumphantly as Seth batted an eye.

"Well, since you are so eager princess, I am interested in you." The proud smile Lucy had for a moment disintegrated in an instant as alarms flared up in her mind and body.

"...What do you know?" Lucy carefully asked as Seth leaned in closer before replying.

"Know what? That you are lady Emma of the Larum Dukedom or that you are... a champion?" Lucy's eyes widened at that moment as her breathing caught up in her throat. Did he tell them already? Was this all a trap?