Chapter 36

An: I finally managed to get a breather and some free time. My writer's block is still here, but I feel it will be gone soon... hopefully. Well here it is guys! Thank you for waiting for so long! A 3k chapter for you all!

֍

"Still nothing?" Lucy asked promptly the moment Seth appeared from the door.

The young red-haired man sighed, shaking his head to confirm Lucy's displeasure. "The city guard and some of my associates are doing their best, but we still have to wait." Seth said, causing the young maiden to pale slightly.

"We've been waiting for three days now. If we wait any longer than this..." Lucy snaps, her voice close to shouting when Seth puts a placating hand over her shoulder.

"We'll find her. I promise you; we will find her." Seth replied with a resounding resolution. The young lady paused. Thoughts thoroughly digesting his words before her body relaxed slightly before a healthy blush flushed her face.

"Y-yes... t-thank you gobs." Lucy mumbled beneath her breath. Her gaze avoided his as her once-paled ears warmed up slightly. It did not escape Seth's attention.

The red-haired merchant simply could not resist the urge, smirking in delight before the words rolled off his tongue. "Is my dear Lucy blushing?" Seth drawled, exacerbating the red blush.

Lucy's jaw dropped; previous trouble left her mind as she could only stare back in shock at the audacity of the red-hair merchant. Handsome, but brazenly infuriating.

"...I wouldn't do that if I were you gobs. You wouldn't want it to happen again, would you?" Lucy gave a smirk of her own, memories flowing back of what happened underneath the tree. Seth seems to remember, evident in his growing rosy cheek.

Feeling slightly mischievous, Lucy pushed on, allowing her hand to freely travel across his shoulders. "Or perhaps you do want me to do it again?" Seth could not help but redden this time as Lucy smiled triumphantly.

"...And if I do?" The young maiden's victory did not last long as Seth fired back. Lucy tried to pull her hand away, but Seth did not let her.

"It seems you are forgetting just how gullible you are Lucy. If you keep this up..." Seth paused, drawing closer to Lucy's ear. The distance between the two was so close that they could hear each other's breath.

The two young spirits were as bright as rubies, though the two could not notice it at the moment. Both were enraptured and anxious to one another's presence when Seth whispered softly in Lucy's ear.

"...I might just help myself." Lucy reddens. Seth blushed considerably in embarrassment and delight, though a pang of dissatisfaction crept through his heart. He wanted to say more, but his courage gave out at the last moment.

"...Y-you wouldn't." Lucy's voice trembled in embarrassment, though unknowingly or not, a hint of invitation was clear in her voice. Seth's eyes widened as he quickly took a step back when he saw it.

Eyes trembling in surprise and anticipation, Seth could not help but be drawn into those sapphire-like eyes. The room was quiet. Eerily so as the breathing of the two were the only ones that could be heard.

S-should I do it? Seth felt his resolve weaken as his consciousness slowly drew back to reality. Putting up a façade and maximizing trade rights? That he can do. Kissing the girl he has fallen for? He might as well slay an Uftrin.

Hunting one of the great beasts was far simpler than the conundrum he was standing on now. Seth was about to pull back when he saw the look of disappointment in Lucy's eyes. It was barely visible, but a man in love can make him see things that others would not.