ix.

FREAKS: Just forget it?

In the stage Mike sings “Let’s Face The Music And Dance

In the stage Mike sings “Let’s Face The Music And Dance.”

"but while there’s moonlight and music and love and romance let’s face the music and dance.."

in the wings Buster coaches Meena with the lighting system. "Now fade up the spot. Good. Lower the moon.." He guides Meena. "Coffee?" Miss Crawly offered, "Thank you Miss Crawly."

"before the fiddlers have fled.."

Meena pulls a cable but it gets stuck, "Okay, that’s normal. Just needs a knock." Buster said. Meena knocks on the cable as if it were a door and the ropes loosen. And the moon lowers behind Mike.

"let’s face the music and dance.."

"See? You’re gettin’ it." Buster glugs the coffee as Miss Crawly looks distracted. "Anyone seen my glass eye? Darn thing
keeps poppin’ out.." she asked.Buster takes the cup from his lips to reveal her glass eye in his mouth. He gags and spits the eyeball which hits a lever. The lighting rig hits the stage. A sandbag swings and knocks Pete flying. The glass eye ricochets against a light and shoots back into Miss Crawly’s head where it belongs.

"You almost killed me Bamboo!" Mike shouts at Meena, "It wasn’t me!" She denied.

"Oh, is that so? AAAH!"

"AH!" A small fire breaks out. Meena rushes out with an extinguisher. Buster gaped, then turned his head "Pete?" Buster turns to see Pete’s feet sticking out of the rigging "Urgh.."

Pete is placed in an ambulance with his neck in a brace. "Pete! You’re gonna be alright, okay! Just, just hang in there, buddy!"  Buster shouted. on buster concerned as the ambulance pulls away and two man storm out of the theatre.

"Ricki? Kai?" They don’t answer. The 3rd man exits in tears. "Why aren’t you guys rehearsing?" Buster confused, "We’re through *SNIFF* They said I’m an intolerable egomaniac *SNIFF* I don’t
even know what that means!" Howie sobs as he runs away.

In the stage Miss Crawly helps to put the fire out on-stage. "Alright, we’re two acts down - give me some good news, Miss Crawly." Buster said as he walked towards the stage. "Oh, it’s not as bad as it looks, uh—" A piece of the stage collapses beneath her, "Oopsie daisy."

"Meena. How would you like to re-audition for the show?" He asked the teenager. "Really?! Well yeah—"

"Great!"
"I mean- no!"

"Wha?" He confused, "I mean, yes, I can sing. But no, I get so nervous and- I can’t do it. I mean, I would totally do it but- no, I... No." She said nervously. "I’m gonna take that as a maybe." He replied. At that moment, (Y/n) walked quietly with her guitar. But Buster noticed her quickly. "(Y/n)! I looked for you everywhere in the theater. Why are you late?" He asked.

(Y/n) secretly grimaced but walked over to him with a small smile. "Sorry, I was up too late. I brought donuts by the way. Would you like some?" She offers. "Thanks, maybe later. Oh, come with me for a moment."

"We’re gonna come back to this,
Meena!" Buster said, walking backstage with (Y/n).  On the way, Buster stopped because they saw a group of teenagers running around while giggling. "Oh look, they're back!" Buster walks in and shuts off the Q-TEEZ music system.  With (Y/n) behind him of course.

"Listen, guys, forget what I said before. You are very talented. Please join the show. Okay? Yes? No?" They don’t understand, so he pulls out his phrase book. "Oh! Um, here... Anata-da shi. Sugoku kusai yo ashii no-tsume, ii- shoni mitei kusai."

(y/n) covered her mouth to keep from laughing. The Q-Teez gasp. One of them slaps him. And they went from backstage. "What? Hey, no no no! Wait, wait, wait! Don’t go, don’t go!" Buster begged, but they were gone. And that's when (Y/n) laughed.

"Wha- Why are you laughing? That's not funny!" Buster put his hands on his waist. "Well you just said they smell like toenails." (Y/n) gave him a silly grin, "HUH?! Hey wait! That's not what I mean!" Buster ran after Q-teez. That made (Y/n) shake her head with a laugh.

After the incident, Buster apparently only asked (Y/n) to change the song. Because he said that it was less interesting. "Oh, okay. I can do it."

Buster smiled, "Thank you." He didn't take his eyes off (Y/n). She blinked a few times, then "You're not going to check the others or something?" (Y/n) gave him an awkward smile. "Oh! Yes, right. Sorry, continue your practice!"

(Y/n) waved lightly, then continued her practice.

tbc

tbc.