xii.

FREAKS: Nana Noodleman

"Now, listen up! Tomorrow we’re gonna have a full preview of the show, and our audience will be none other than Miss Nana Noodleman!" said Buster

gonna have a full preview of the
show, and our audience will be none
other than Miss Nana Noodleman!" said Buster. They were not expecting that. They respond as if this were spectacular but nervewracking news. Gasps and ‘wows.’

"So that was the surprise." (Y/n) muttered.

"Nana Noodleman? She’s still alive?" Mike asked, "Oh yes, and believe me, she’s got
some pretty high standards, alright— so today we gotta have a full dress rehearsal! And I wanna see ya light up that stage, folks!"

"Meena! Miss Crawly!" Buster lays out his blueprint for a new stage design, "Whaddya think?" he asked. "Wow, it’s so ambitious..."  Miss Crawly replied, "Yeah, are you sure about this?" Meena asked. "I promised Nana something spectacular and this - ha! It’s gonna blow her away!" Buster said, confident in his plan.

"Oh yeah." Miss Crawly muttered, "Two minutes everybody!" Buster exclaimed.

───────

Mike sporting a new suit and diamond-topped cane, finishes. "Bravo Mike, Nana’s gonna love that!" Buster clapped his hands, "Aw, you’re too kind, Mr. Moon.." he replied. "And I myself am loving that new suit, sir! Okay, can we see Ash
next please? Ash, let’s get you out
here!"

Ash rises from a dark corner in the gray dress, "Stand back, moody teenager comin’ through." Mike said, that made (Y/n) push his shoulders while rolling her eyes "Hey!" Mike shouted angrily as he almost fell.

"You got this, Ash." (Y/n) said while holding her shoulder, "Good luck, Ash..." Meena said.

Buster and Miss Crawly sit discussing blueprints. “CALL ME MAYBE” begins in all its high-energy glory but ash is miserable.

"i threw a wish in the well, don't ask me, i'll never tell i looked to you as it fell, and now you're in my way..." Ash finds the words unlocking her emotions. Eyes glisten,
lips quiver, voice falters "your stare was holdin.' ripped jeans, skin was showin.' hot night, wind was blowin.’ where you think you're going, baby?" Buster and Miss Crawly both look to the stage, confused.
Ash’s emotional dam bursts and she sobs through the chorus.

"Oh ash.." (y/n) muttered.

Ash  Sobbing, "hey, i just met you and this is crazy but here's my number, so call me, maybe?"

"Whoa, whoa, whoa...okay! Enough of that! Cut it! Cut it! Cut it. Cut it." Buster stopped her and Meena stops the music. "I don’t think anyone’s gonna call her after that. Okay, Ash, um.." Buster approaches the stage with caution, "Hey, come on Ash, what is it, do you not like the dress?"

She shakes her head, "Maybe you can try again later, calm down for now, okay?" She ran off the stage crying. "Ash, what’s wrong?" Rosita asked worriedly. (Y/n) could only look at her with a sigh, "broken heart."