xiv

FREAKS: broken

Everything was dark, the only thing she could hear was the silent sound of police and ambulances

Everything was dark, the only thing she could hear was the silent sound of police and ambulances. Her lungs hurt, but it wasn't as bad as her broken shoulder. Everything was filled with chaos. Everyone panics. "Hurry! Take her to the surgery room, get everything ready!"

"I-is she going to be okay?"

No response.

This is probably the toughest day in a Buster Moon's life. He lost everything he had. Especially his dreams. Nana didn't even want to look at him after that incident. Eddie? he was still there with him, but that didn't change anything.

The two men sat in waiting chairs, waiting for the surgery to be done. Ash was also there walking up and down the hall, she couldn't think about anything but the safety of her best friend. The others decided to go home as it was getting too late.

Buster sat silent, his hair a mess with the stress. Eddie had never seen her like that before, and he couldn't stand it. "I can't do this anymore." Buster muttered loud enough for Eddie to hear, "huh, what do you mean?" Eddie asked. Before Buster could answer, he ran from the hospital. "Buster!" Eddie chased after him, leaving Ash alone in the hospital.

"Busters wait!" Eddie ends up losing track of Buster, "oh my.."

Ash is still waiting, it's almost midnight and (Y/n)'s surgery isn't finished yet. She was very sleepy, but could not sleep peacefully. But after that, the door opened. And the red light turns green. "How is she? Is she all right?" She asked. Ben walked past Ash without saying anything, he looks very hurried. Ash will chase Ben for an explanation if a nurse doesn't come to her.

Meanwhile Ben went to the bathroom to wash his face, his eyes looked puffy. And his hands were still shaking after finishing the surgery. "You're lucky I haven't returned to the capital or your brother will kill me." He muttered to himself, "how did it even happen?" he continued. Ben took a deep breath, he was grateful that the incident didn't threaten (Y/n)'s life.

After he closed the bathroom door, Ash was already standing there waiting for him. "Are you okay? How was (Y/n)'s?" she asked, "She's fine. Now go home and get some rest. (Y/n) doesn't like her friends coming home late." He smiled weakly, "I'll take overtime and look after her tonight."

"Thank you, I entrusted her to you. If anything happens or she wakes up, please let me know."

Ben nodded slowly. Shortly after Ash returned to her apartment, Ben walked into (Y/n)'s room. Ben took out his cell phone from his pocket, he got 10 missed calls from (Y/n)'s brother. Her brother must have seen the news. Ben decided to call her brother and tell him how (Y/n) was.

The phone ring came from the other direction, Ben waited until the beep.

"Lucas- Hi. "

After making the call, Ben took a deep breath. He didn't tell Lucas what actually happened. He just said that Y/n was fine and safe with him. He didn't want to cause worry to (Y/n)'s older brother. "Hurry up and wake up, (Y/n), please." 

───────
Two days later, (Y/n) finally woke up. But Ben thought not to tell the others, for now. He wanted (Y/n) to get enough rest. Ben entered the room, he looked at the girl with one arm in a sling and a hospital gown. "My brother called?" (Y/n) asked. "Yes, he did. But I told him not to worry." Ben smiled a little.  (Y/n) replied with the same smile, "How are the others?" She asked.

"Well, Ash was worried about you. The others.. I don't know. They weren't as badly injured as you."

"What about Moon?"

He didn't answer for a moment, "Why do you care so much about him? He technically almost got you killed." he said. (Y/n) turned her gaze in another direction, "But he still saved me.." She muttered.

"What do you mean?"

"You know I can't swim because of my condition, right?" (Y/n) asked, "Well, in short, my lungs are swallowing too much water. I.. can't breathe." The girl stared at her hand while waiting for Ben's reaction. "Did you just say.. HE GAVE YOU ARTIFICIAL BREATH?" He said with wide eyes.

"You guys, I can't find (Y/n)!" Ash shouted, "She's here!" Meena replies she found the girl pressed down by a wooden plank. The others started to help and moved the wooden board, "(Y/n)? (Y/n)!" Ash asked worriedly. But the girl didn't respond. "Is he okay??" Rosita Ask.

"the ambulances coming!"

"Move!"

"I'll fucking kill him."

"No come on, it's not like that." (Y/n) laughed before rolling her eyes "When can I get outta here?" She asked. "About a week. Just be patient." Ben answered. "I'm needed in another room, see you later, okay?" Ben said after looking at his watch, "Bye.." (Y/n) waved slowly.

(Y/n) thought back to what happened before she was completely unconscious. Her face heated up.

"What a stupid feeling."

note : hello there readers! I'm really sorry that I almost left this book and account :'D I have a lot of busy life in real life, especially school

I have a lot of busy life in real life, especially school. And I'm very grateful to those of you who are still waiting for this book!
thank you! <3

I don't know, but should I continue this book in season 2? 🙊