Chapter 1

Amity Park was not a normal city. They had regular ghost attacks, a ghost hunter family, and a superhero looking after the city. But tonight Amity Park was still, quiet. And young Danny Fenton thought that tonight might be the night that he got a full night's sleep. Tucker, Sam and he had even managed to finish all the homework that was due the next day, which in itself for the poor boy, was a miracle.

Danny had finally managed to drift off an hour before midnight, satisfied that no ghosts were going to invade again. He shot up in alarm almost an hour later, his breathing had picked up and he could feel his heart beating abnormally fast. His ghost sense had gone off, meaning that there was now a ghost invading Amity. He sighed as he climbed out of bed. One night, he just wanted one night and they couldn't even give him that. Whoever it was out there he was going to stick them in the thermos and keep them there until morning, cause he was petty like that and they had the audacity to interrupt the very little amount of sleep that he got.

"I'm going ghost," Danny whispered to himself so as to not wake his parents or sister. Two glowing white rings circled his body, transforming him into his other superpowered counterpart; Phantom.

He quickly Turned himself intangible and flew through his bedroom wall to get outside. He didn't notice his bedroom door open slightly, long ginger hair poked through.

"Danny?" Jazz had noticed the bright light that illuminated the hallway and went to go investigate only to see her little brother going to do his secret job, "go get them, little brother."

Danny flew around Amity, not taking even a moment to stop, there was urgency in his movements but Amity was still quiet. There were no ghosts. So, why had his ghost sense gone off? He stopped and landed on the head of the statue of Amity Park's founder.

He sighed as he crossed his legs and floated.

"Maybe it was just another blob ghost." Most of the blob ghosts were tiny and in a weird way sort of cute. They followed Danny around regularly, like little lost puppies. Sam had suggested that it was because he was a source of ectoplasm and they needed ectoplasm to live, but that was more of a theory than a fact. It didn't help that sometimes in the middle of class when he'd go to scratch his head he often found a blob ghost nestled in amongst his hair.

He was about to go home, back to bed when the air in front of him started to ripple. It moved back and forth, push and pull. It was like hot air but it was nearly November, hot air on a cold night was impossible.

Like every other good decision, Danny has made in his life he reached his hand out to waft it away. He then tried to pull his hand away, but it was too late. He felt his arm beginning to get sucked into the rippling air and soon enough he couldn't escape its strong pull.

Danny felt himself falling and falling fast. He could feel his body being pushed and pulled in every direction like it was being torn apart and put back together all at once. And then it all stopped. Danny felt himself hit the ground hard and the surge of power he felt when he was Phantom suddenly vanished. He choked out a pained gasp.

"Oh gods, he's still alive! Call an ambulance!" He heard somebody shout, but he was unfamiliar with the voice.

"Kid, hey kid, can you hear me?" Danny whimpered quietly and curled up into himself, "that was a nasty fall, but don't worry, help will be here soon." He opened his eyes expecting to see the base of Amity Park's founder statue. Instead, he was in the middle of a road with someone unfamiliar looming over him. Danny's fight or flight instincts kicked in, unfamiliar people meant danger, he learnt that much from when he met Vlad. He sucked in a deep breath and turned himself invisible.

"Hey kid, you can't use your quirk like that, we're trying to help you." The person spoke but Danny had already fled. But one question flooded his mind. What on Earth was a quirk?