Chapter 9 - Something Occurs

Whilst Danny recovered from his fall and his healing factor malfunctioning, which he was still questioning, never before had his powers done that, he was required to have someone watch over him at all times. Nezu implemented the decision as he had reasons to suspect that Danny was in danger and decided to make him an official ward of the school, though he didn't know it yet, Nezu wanted to tell him in person.

In the meantime, the principal had assigned Aizawa and Yamada to go shopping for their newly acquired ward, but they needed someone to watch over Danny while they were gone.

It was Sunday and thankfully Danny was recovering in the form of sleeping in. The teachers spoke quietly to each other so as not to wake the sleeping teen.

"Recovery Girl is currently out with Nezu, talking to that hospital," Aizawa started.

"We're gonna need clothes, toiletries, possibly a phone, maybe a laptop," Yamada muttered as he was writing what he was saying in a small notebook.

"I should say destroying that hospital, both of us need to go shopping, not just for the kid but we need food, and so do the cats," Aizawa continued to talk, almost speaking over his husband.

"I wonder what size Danny is? A small, he looks like he's a small, oh! He'll need bedding, notebooks, stationery, and shoes! How could I forget shoes? Oh gosh, what size is he?" Yamada continued.

"We can't leave him alone, Nem is in the dorms acting as a chaperon, we can't ask her." Aizawa turned his gaze to the sleeping teen. He was curled up on his left side, not daring to rest on his right side since it was still aching. His bandaged right hand was resting above the blankets, pulling the soft material close to himself.

"A size seven is a good guess, pyjamas, he's gonna need pyjamas since his are all bloody and destroyed, I wonder what kind of things he likes so we can make it a bit more personal for him."

"'Zashi?" Aizawa stopped his line of thought after he realised that his husband was no longer listening to him and instead of writing a list of everything they would need to get the boy.

"What else would we need to get him?" Yamada mused to himself.

"'Zashi?" Aizawa tried again to gain his husband's attention.

"Maybe we could get him a pet, like a bearded dragon, or a frog, frogs are meant to be good pets, we'd need to get a new enclosure for the froggo,"

"'Zashi!" Aizawa raised his voice only slightly, they still had a sleeping teen in the room, but it seemed to get his husband's notice.

"Hmm? You say something darling?" Yamada looked at his darling husband with nothing but innocence in his eyes.

"First thing, we're not getting the kid a pet when you won't let me bring home any more strays that need help, second, have you been listening to anything I've said?"

"Yeah, yeah, RG and Nezu are raiding the hospital, Nem is chaperon with Kan and we need someone to watch over Danny while we go shopping for him since he can't stay in bloody Pj's or a hospital gown for the rest of his life."

"Any thoughts on who could watch him?"

"What about Midoriya and Bakugo?" Aizawa almost choked on nothing, "ok, hear me out, they know Danny exists, they're the same age as him and it would be nice for him to make some friends before he inevitably starts school here."

"But why the problem children? They've only just finished their house arrest and the first spar they had ended up with Midoriya breaking his nose. That boy has broken more bones than the amount of fast and furious films that have been released." Aizawa argued back.