Chapter 6 - A Week Nap

Danny groaned, there was too much noise surrounding him. His head felt like it had been run over by a bus repeatedly. Then there was more noise, the beeping got louder, the voices around him went from quiet whispers to full-blown yelling and it was doing but making his head hurt even worse.

"Shut up." He muttered loud enough. The room went silent, except for the beeping and then there was laughter.

"Kacchan! It's not polite to laugh!" One voice scolded. It was high-pitched but still obviously a male voice, maybe a teen like him.

"Fuck off, Deku, the idiot spent a week in a coma and the first thing he says is 'shut up!' That's fucking hilarious." This voice was different from the first one, gruffer like he was smoking a pack a day but also distinctively teenager.

Danny found the energy to finally open his eyes. He was in a small white room that looked like a clinic, the curtain was halfway drawn around his bed. His breath picked up, and his eyes shot everywhere looking over every detail of the room, searching for the windows and the doors, but they were blocked by that damned curtain. It also didn't help that Danny's right hand was cuffed to the bed. He tugged at the restraint, even tried turning his right wrist intangible to get out of the cuff but he couldn't tap into his powers or his core.

"Fuck." He drawled out. His mind was still fuzzy, he didn't know where he was but everything was white. White was bad. White meant the Guys in White. And the Guys in White meant bad news. He tugged at the cuff harder, he felt his wrist protest and something wet slid down to his fingers.

"Oi, idiot, quit it, you're hurting yourself." The gruffer voice spoke. Danny ignored him, he needed to get out of here now, he wouldn't become the GiW's experiment. "Oi! I said stop!" The person behind the voice was angry, and then Danny felt a hand land on his arm. At that moment he stopped tugging at the cuff and flung himself backwards, as far as the cuff would allow him, he covered his head with his free arm. His full body was curled up against a soft white pillow at the head of the bed, his face hidden behind his knees.

"Kacchan," He heard some shuffling around. Kacchan, the gruff one had moved away from the black-haired teen. He didn't expect Danny to react in such a way, he was still frozen in place until Deku placed a hand on his shoulder and he moved away to give the scared teen some space.

"Hey, we're not going to hurt you, we were just trying to help you, you see, you've cut your wrist up." He pointed to Danny's wrist as he peeked over his knees. Kacchan moved back and let Deku take the lead just this once "Can I help you clean that up?" Danny squinted at Deku then at the blonde behind him. He slowly nodded his head but didn't move any closer.

Deku nodded, it was progress at least. From what he overheard from the teachers, he definitely was not eavesdropping that would be unheroic, this teen was in a bad situation that was either in danger or was dangerous. He grabbed some clean gauze, antiseptic spray and some cotton balls. He sprayed the antiseptic onto the cotton balls, "Mind if I sit?" Deku asked pointing to the side of the bed, Danny gently shook his head. Taking a seat Deku ran the cotton ball over the slowing bleeding cuts, then wrapped the gauze around it.

"How are you good at that?" Kacchan cut in, he was almost transfixed by the was Deku knew how to clean up the cuts.

"Practice," he glance back up at Danny once he was finished, "I'm no recovery girl, but that'll have to do." Danny cocked his head in a silent question, he had no idea who Recovery Girl was. "I'm Izuku Midoriya and that's," he points his thumb at Kacchan, "Katsuki Bakugo, what's you're name?" Midoriya smiles gently at him, hoping not to scare him anymore.

Danny's eyes search both of their faces, if he was looking for something the boys didn't know what, but they hoped that they didn't come off as a threat, or in Bakugo's case, too much of a threat.

"Danny," He spoke barely above a whisper, "my name, it's Danny, Danny Fenton."

"Well, Fenton-" Bakugo moved closer to stand beside Midoriya.

"Please, just call me Danny."

"Right, Danny, we ain't gonna hurt you so quit acting like a cornered animal."

"You're not with the guys in white?"

"Who are the guys in white?" Midoriya interjected. Danny's jaw shut with a click as he turned his head away from the duo. If they didn't know who the GiW were it would be better if he kept it that way.

"What are you two doing in here?" A new voice spoke. The voice was feminine and sounded elderly.

"Deku broke his nose." The curtain was pulled back revealing the rest of the room and the owner of the new voice. She was short and elderly, her grey hair was pulled back into a neat bun, and she used an oversized syringe as a walking cane.

"I swear Midoriya, I should just get a bed with you're name on-" It was then that she noticed Danny wake and huddled into the corner of his bed, "oh, you're awake dearie, Bakugo be a dear and go get Aizawa and Present Mic please."

"But-" All it took was one glare from the elder lady for him to shut his mouth, "whatever." He stormed out of the room. She then took a look at Midoryia's nose, which had blood crusted on his upper lip. She took his nose in both of his hands and snapped it back into its right place, to stop it from healing crooked. Danny winced sympathy, but Midoriya didn't even flinch. She then kissed the top of his head and the broken nose just seemed to not be broken anymore.

"Now dearie-" The door slammed open.

A man with blonde hair that was styled upwards, wearing an outfit of all leather, had speakers around his neck and was wearing orange triangular glasses rushed into the room. He was followed closely by another man, he looked like he was homeless, with stubble on his chin, tired black eyes, long black hair that looked like it could use a comb through, an off-white scarf around his neck and wearing a black jumpsuit. They were both followed by Bakugo who leant against the doorframe.

"He's awake! Oh gosh, Danny, you're awake! How are you feeling?" The man all in leather asked. Danny gulped, he was loud and energetic.

"Er, I'm fine," he replied to the man's question, "but, how do you know my name? And where am I?"

"Oh! Oh, I found you bleeding out in that alley-" at that new bit of information Midoriya and Bakugo shared a glance before focusing back on the conversation, "we spoke a little before the ambulance came, you told me your name's Danny and that you're from a place called Amity Park." That's when the memories came flooding back to Danny, he remembered that he was in a lot of pain and that his healing factor wasn't working right, or there was too much damage for it to work properly.

"As for where you are," the homeless man spoke up, "you are in the infirmary of UA high school."

"Musutafu, Japan, right?" He asked as he looked over at the blonde, "I've never heard of this place... Can I know the name of the guy who stopped me from bleeding out?"

"I'm Present Mic." The statement was more of a question, "You don't recognise me?" Danny shook his head.

"No, sorry, should I?" Even if he was from America Present Mic was a world-known hero, even though he wasn't in the top ten, everyone knew of the voice hero.

"He's one of the most famous heroes in the world." Midoriya piped up.

"Hero? There's heroes here?" Danny looked so confused and the occupants in the room grew more concerned, "Huh, I thought I was the only one."

"Heroes are kinda like an occupation, you know like a career since quirks came around people did bad things with their quirks, so the commission created Heroes as a career so stop the bad guys," Midoriya explained as the others seemed to be speechless.

"Erm, not to sound rude or anything, but, what's a quirk?"