Chapter 4 - Presentation Michael to the Rescue

Present Mic or rather Yamada Hizashi as he was in his casual clothes as he was walking back from the radio stations, was not expecting to find a heavily injured teenager in an unlit back alley. He instantly dropped the takeout bag that he had gotten for Shota and himself and checked the alley, you never know if the person or thing that did that to the little listener could still be there. Once he made sure there was nobody else in the alley, he ran over to the kid.

The kid was mumbling to himself, trying to calm himself down but obviously failing as he looked down at the pool of blood beneath himself, causing his breathing to pick up once again. The kid was going to pass out if Hizashi didn't step in.

"Hey, hey kid, hey little listener. I need you to breathe with me ok, in one, two, three, out four, five, six. Just like that." Hizashi had crouched down in front of the kid, instructing him how to breathe. But he could with one look that the kid wasn't listening, probably sensory overload mixed with adrenaline and a panic attack. "Alright little listener, I'm going to take your hand, alright." He took the teen's right hand since the entire left side of his body looked like it had been repeatedly hit with a sledgehammer at full force. Hizashi exaggerated his breathing and placed the teen's hand over his chest, over his heart. So not only was the rise and fall grounding but so was the heartbeat. The seemed to calm the kid down, so he slipped his phone out of his pocket and dialled the emergency number.

"119, fire, ambulance or emergancy resuce?" The voice on the other end asked.

"Ambulance please, the alleyway on 393-1063, Kyoei, between the cat cafe and laundromat."

"An ambulance is on its way, are you injured?"

"No, there's a young teenager, he looks like he's taken a beating and has lost quite a lot of blood."

"Alright, what's the boy's name?" Hizashi's focus snaps back to the teen, who now had his breathing just about under control.

"That's great kiddo, keep taking deep breaths for me, good, you're doing so good." He waited a few moments to let the look around himself and get a handle on the situation. The teen kept his breathing steady as Hizashi distracted him from the pool of blood. "That's great little listener, can you tell me your name?" The teen looked him up and down, then nodded to himself, deciding that Hizashi could be trusted.

"Danny, my name's Danny." His voice was raspy, most likely from exhaustion.

"Alright, thank you, Danny, you look a little banged up there, can you tell me what happened?" The phone operator was listening to the conversation and getting all the needed information.

"I, erm, I'm not sure, I fell? I think." Danny sounded so unsure like he didn't actually know what happened himself, he probably didn't. Hizashi could hear the faint sound of sirens in the distance.

"Alright," he started, going along with Danny's story for now, "well that's a lot of blood, little listener, an ambulance is on its way, hey I need you to stay awake for me little listener." He could see the teen's eyes drooping, he needed to keep his mind active, as his questions and get him engaged. Come on, he was a teacher, he could totally do this. "Why don't you tell me about where you're from?" Great question, Hizashi cheered to himself.

"I'm from Amity, erm, Amity Park." Amity Park? Hizashi had never heard of such a place. It sounded American, but with all of Hizashi's travels over the USA, he's never come to a place of that name.

"We'll that sound like a nice place, were about is Amity Park?"

"The ambulance is almost with you, just a block away."

"Minnesota, America." Hizashi's eyebrows scrunched together. He'd been all over, adventured most of America including Minnesota. Maybe it was a new town development, after all it has been nearly a decade since he was last in the country. But Danny was from America, how on earth did he end up in Japan?

"Well Danny, you're a long way from home, how did you get all the way out here?"

"Where am I?" Well, now wasn't that alarming. Hizashi's brain started coming up with worse case scenarios, thank you Aizawa for your horror stories of underground work. Was he smuggled here by a quirk trafficking ring? Kidnapped for other perverted and horrible reasons? Was he a runaway that somehow made it all the way out here on his own? That made Hizashi question his home life, were his parents abusive? Did he have parents? Was he escaping a horrible foster system that did more wrong than right? He shook his head, and Danny asked him a question that he needed to answer.

"You're in Musutafu, Japan kiddo." Hizashi just wanted to reach out and pull the teen in for a hug, gods, he couldn't be any older than his own students. But he reframed from the hug, he didn't want to cause any more pain than what he was most likely already in.

"The ambulance is with you. I'll hang up so the paramedics may do their job." Hizashi barely registered the voice, but he heard the other end of the call hang up.

"Huh." Was all the warning Hizashi got as Danny's eyes slid shut and slumped forward. The voice hero quickly opened his arms and caught the boy before he could hit the pavement. Seems like Hizashi was getting that hug after all.

The paramedics came rushing into the alleyway. They checked over Danny who was still safely tucked in Hizashi's arms, they asked Hizashi questions but he didn't have many if any answers. They quickly reached for the unconscious teen, settling him on a gurney and making their way to the back of the ambulance.

"Are you riding with us?" One paramedic asked him.

"Yes, I will." He quickly clambered into the back of the vehicle and sat next to the teen to whom he had somehow grown attached.

The trip to Musutafu general hospital was a short one, and the rush into the hospital was shorter. Soon enough Danny was wheeled into his own room, shifted from the gurney to his own bed and had an IV hooked up to his, as well as a heart monitor. The Doctor was checking over Danny's injuries to his left side when Hizashi's phone rang. The customised ringtone of Blink-182's, I Miss You filled the room, Shota's personal ringtone. He made a gesture to the doctor that he was going to take the phone call outside the room and left, only closing the door before he picked up the phone.

"Sho,"

"Hizashi, are you alright? I just got back from patrol and you're not here."

"Sho, I'm fine, I'm at Musutafu general hospital-"

"What? Are you alright? How bad are the injuries? Do I need to hunt someone down?-" Before his husband could ask any more questions the voice hero cut in.

"I just said I'm fine, I found a little listener on my way home, he was real banged up, only in his pyjamas the poor thing and sat in a pool of his own blood. I'm at the hospital with him now, the Doctor's just checking him over, the left side of his body looked like it had been crushed." The other end of the line was quiet. "Sho? Honey, what's wrong?"

"Be careful around that teen, I have reason to believe he's dangerous. I'll be there as soon as I can." With that, his husband hung up.

"Oh kid, what have you got yourself mixed up in?" Hizashi spoke to himself as he looked through the window of the hospital door, his gaze settling on Danny's unconscious form. With a soft sigh on his lips, he walked calmly back into the room.