chapter 11: The sister

Damien's POV

Damien could not believe what had just happened. He had yelled at her and she responded by kissing him. He pulled her painfully close to her, just to see if this was real. If she was real. He could feel her chest rising and falling against his and he felt whole..yes complete. she pulled away to meet his eyes. she peered into his eyes, blinking several times, not really understanding what he had just said.

"what?", she whispered.

Her voice filled his body with joyous trembles as it ran through his ears.

"Lena, I love you" he repeated resting his head on hers, "I love you"

Lena's breath exhalerated and Damien felt worried. What is she had another panick attack? His hands folded around her face, forcing her to look at him.

"If you don't want me I understand. You deserve someone your own age, someone better then me"

Damien tried to sound as distant as he could, but his voice was clearly emotional. 

Lena shook her head, tears rolling over her face.

"nononnononnooo", she said, "Damien"

She lifted her head again, smiling sheepishly.

"I love you"

Their lips met again and they kissed passionetly. Eventhough Lena was still crying. Damien held her close ans slid his hands up and down her back.

"Damien", she whisper against his mouth, "we should sto.ahn"

Damien softly nibbled the crook of her neck and she was lost. Her body got a mind of its own and refused to obey any of her orders. She felt Damiens big and warms hands slide underneath the T-shirt she was wearing, caressing her bare back. Suddenly they stopped moving and Lena rested against his chest.

"We should stop, before we do anything stupid"

He didn't really want to stop, but he had to. If he didn't control himself Lena might do things she doesn't want to do. She nodded. Her still in her arms he slid down against the wall. So that Lena was seated in his lap, his arms locked around her waist.

Lena's POV

"What now?" ,I whisper after a few moments of utter silence. 

His hands feel warm on my stumach. 

"We'll figure it out", he answered snuggling his nose in my hair.

Now that I gave in all will change, won't it? For the better? For worse? I have no clue to be honest.

"Tell me", he states pulling me closer, "Tell me what's going on in that head of yours"

I nervously bite my underlip. I've always, ever since I was a child, been afraid to admit that I was scared. That monster underneath my bed could have been my imagination after all.

"I'm scared", I whisper barely hearable.

He pulls me even closer to him, softly rubbing his cheek against mine.

"Don't be. I'm here. No one will harm you"

"But when you aren't here. Zane is still out to get me and..."

"Shhht don't worry. I promise you Lena, it'll all be alright."

I don't take any rest in his words. I've seen and experienced Zane's conviction.

Damien pushes me away in order to get on his feet.

"Where are you going?", I ask as Damien helps me to my feet.