The Jack Story

Jack and Hayley had been dating for a year. He seemed to have really like her. Heck , they had been dating for a year and were still going strong. He didn't pressure her to do anything, they were exclusive, they were the cutest couple at school. Everyone knew who they were and that they were together.

They had gone to so many parties before, I was never worried about Hayley when she was with him. He always took such great care of her. If he let her drink, he would watch her every step and would make sure she wouldn't get too drunk. Then he would take her back to his house and just let her sleep in his bed and he'd sleep on the floor. I don't know what changed this time though.

We were at the end of the school year party. Each year, for every graduating class, someone in the class would throw a party. The party was only ever for seniors and their friends. We were sophomores at the time, Jack was a junior, but we still got in. The party was at Camden's house while his parents were out of town. His house was huge so it was great for parties.

Well a couple hours into the party, it got out of control. People were jumping off the roof into the pool. People were basically doing the unspeakable on the dance floor. There was even an hour long wait to use the bathroom (don't ask). Beer bottles were the floor. I was dancing with one of the seniors, he was tipsy, I was tipsy. At the time it felt so nice to be able to let loose. The dance floor was so incredibly hot and sweaty. I had my arms around his neck as we swayed back and forth. I had a cup in one hand and the other was place on the back of his neck. Our legs were entangled and we just got lost in the music. Next thing I knew is that we were full on making out. It got so intense that he took my hand and started leading me upstairs to one of the rooms but as we were walking upstairs, Hayley was running down the stairs carrying her shoes and balling her eyes out. I let go of the guy's hand that I was with (I think his name is like Eric or Edward, at the time it meant nothing to me) and chased after her yelling her name repeatedly.

After chasing her out the front door, I caught up to her. I gave her a big hug and had asked her what happen. It wasn't until the next morning when she finally spoke to me. We were at my house, my parent's were out of town for some meeting thing. I'm not entirely sure, and that's not the point. She explained her story.

Jack was her first, as in her first ever. There first time was at the party, at first I thought that was the issue. That she was upset that she had sex with him at the party, but no it was much worse. While they were in someone else's bedroom a girl opened the door. She had greeted him and did not miss that he was with Hayley. "Jack, you didn't tell me you and your little girlfriend were back together. You should have mentioned that before we did what we did in the bathroom." Word for word, that's what she said with a smile knowing that he had a girlfriend, and it was no lie. Jack had left Hayley at the party but we just assumed he was getting her a drink since he did come back with one. Well figures as to why the bathroom had an hour long line, Jack and the girl. Her first time was at a party and not even an hour before, he was cheating on her.

She was heart broken. It took her months to even look presentable at school. In that time, she would show up in leggings and generally an over sized tee shirt. Finally, after a lot of convincing and a shopping trip I had convinced her it's better to make him realize what he lost. She got back in shape from the months of binge junk food eating. Flaunting what she got, she never fully got over that heartbreak. Yeah she is boy crazy but she only ever loved one boy, that boy being Jack. I'm just scared Kyler will do what Jack did to her, or worse. She was in a fragile state for the longest time and I don't want her to go back to that state. I don't want her to be like me. It means a lot to her to be with any guy, and if the guy doesn't say he loves her before she does anything, she will end up back in that place. I just know it.

Now back to the story...

Jack tried to explain the situation to her, for weeks after the party. That she was his ex-girlfriend from freshman year trying to break them up. That he would never do anything like that, he would never cheat, and she almost believed it. Until she walked into the bathroom one day and found them making out. I think that was her breaking point. Catching them together even after he said it was only a lie, that he would never cheat, and yes, technically when she caught them in the bathroom he wasn't cheating. They had been over for weeks, but if you're trying to convince a girl that you aren't cheating on her then you shouldn't be making out with said girl in a public bathroom. Especially at school, the same school that the girl you're trying to win back attends. Stupid decision.

She swore off boys for months after getting back in shape, showing Jack what he lost. She had that middle line down her flat stomach, her legs still long as ever, and her skin as flawless as a diamond. She got her hair cut, that's when you know it's over. When a girl cuts her hair, it's the start of a new life for her. Change was here and now she wasn't letting any guy tear her down, but something about doing this program. Going to live at this condo changed something about her. She was back to her old self, fawning over boys a little too much. Worshiping the ground they walked on.

I had a bad feeling about this summer, with Kyler in the picture. Would she stop at nothing to get back the feelings she had with Jack but now for a new guy?