We Were History.

I tried to go to bed that night but I couldn't sleep. What if we did become a thing? Would that be too weird? Is he nothing like how I thought he was? Was he putting up a wall, just like me, to ensure a girl wouldn't break his heart? A girl like me?

My thoughts ran like this for hours, until the sun finally began to rise. I left my room, giving up on sleep that night. I wandered down the stairs to the kitchen but stopped short of it. I could hear whispering. It sounded like Jace and Kyler. Was Hayley in there too?

"Did you know?" I couldn't make out the difference in the boys voices.

"That Abby l wanted to get back together with you?" Now I knew for sure. "NO!"Kyler shouted in disbelief.

Jace hushed Kyler. "Don't wake the girls up. I don't know what to say to Alexis," Jace whispered. "Not yet anyways. So especially don't tell Hayley. They tell each other everything."

"Not everything. Anyways, I told you from day one that that girl was trouble and to stay away from her. And you already knew Abby was, didn't think I needed to tell you again."

I'm trouble? Well he's not wrong there but seriously, Kyler. You told him to stay away from me?

"Ky, you don't know Alexis. She's amazing, she has a great sense of humor. She drives me crazy, but in a good way," Jace gushed. "I just don't think she wants anything more and as for Abby, well we were great."

"But?" Kyler asked.

"But what? She cheated," Jace told him matter of factly.

"And Alexis didn't cheat?" Kyler asked sarcastically.

"Not on me, it's different."

"Right, just with the guys brother. So great, as long as you don't have a brother."

"Do you think I should talk to Alexis?

"Can't hurt."

I waited for them to say more but it was silent for a bit. I took that as my cue to run up the stairs before they caught me eavesdropping. Before I could get all the way upstairs, Jace walked out of the kitchen.

"Hey, I was just coming to see if you were awake," he said with a smile. Jace Reyna always did have a great smile. "Can we talk, Alexis? I want to apologize for last night. You know I wasn't agreeing with Abigail I-" He was cut off by the banging noise from the front door.

Who was at the house this early and why would they be slamming on the door?

I opened the door to find Noah standing impatiently. "Sorry I'm here so early, Ali" Noah began but I just found out-" he eyes found something and he stopped mid sentence. I followed his glare to Jace. "You!" he ran pushed pass me towards Jace. He punched him in the face. "First Ali, now Abigail? As if you don't have enough girls, you have to go and sleep with my girlfriend?"

His girlfriend? Abigail? Jace didn't just walk her home, he walked her home to sleep with her. I stared at Jace in disbelief. Was this true? Of course, it was. I couldn't name a girl he hadn't slept with. "You slept with his girlfriend?" I asked in disgust. "You had all but agreed with her when she called me a cheating whore. You two deserve-" but I was cut off by Noah punching him in the face again.

"She's not a cheating whore," Noah said in between punches. When Noah was through, he began to walk back to me but Jace tackled him.

"I didn't call her one! I don't think she is but you need to cool it man," Jace told him as he restrained him.

"Get off!" Noah shouted back trying to fight him off. Kyler came running out of the kitchen.

"What the hell?" Kyler was shocked staring at the two fight it out on the ground. He yanked Jace off of Noah. "What is going on!"

"He attacked me! I was trying to get him to calm down,"Jace tried to explain.

"Stay away from me and Abigail," Noah warned before slamming the front door on the way out. I looked between the door and Jace's bloody lip several times before deciding to go and chase Noah.

"Noah, wait! Please wait, Noah!" I shouted running after him. As I caught up to him, I tried to catch my breath as I apologized but he was in no mood to talk.

"Leave me alone, Alexis," I grumbled.

Alexis? He never calls me that. "What did I do?" I asked. He stopped and turned around as he began shouting. "What did you do? What did YOU do? This is all your fault. Abby cheated on me because she saw us together! Because you kissed me. Abby and I were good before you came along and brought all your drama." Noah looked furious which made it difficult to look at him as he yelled at me.

As he continued to yell about all the problems I have caused him since being here, I looked at the ground. I never realized the ground was something so interesting to stare at. "And the worst part about all of it, is it made me realize how much I love you and how much Abby isn't you." That is what made me look back up at him. It wasn't that he hated me but he instead he loved me. And as I looked up at him he pulled my hips in towards his and kissed me.

As I realized I couldn't mess up much more in his life, I kissed him back with everything I could.

As he pulled away he tried to catch his breath. "I've been wanting to do that again since last time," he now said with a change in his voice. He no longer sounded angry but hopeful instead. Like this meant we were now something. And despite everything I had overheard Kyler and Jace talking about in the kitchen. Jace and I were nothing. We were history.

"What about Abigail?" I asked not wanting to really hear but needing to know what this meant.

"What about her? We are over. Once I saw him leave her house last night. I knew we were done and I am glad because it has led me to here. Back with you." He explained. He really did see them together last night. Jace's time to think must have been a nice quick workout for that brain of his because by the time they walked the five minutes to her house he had already decided what to do about me and her.

"I love you, Ali. I always have and I always will. You are my number one girl, you know that?" he said with a kiss on my forehead. He wrapped his arms around me and we stood in the middle of the street, once again, for all to see.