Morning After Pills

I woke up the next morning fully conscious of what happened last night. The sun light was gleaming into the room, blinding me in this bed that was most definitely not mine. I turned my head away from the blinding window and just as I was about to shut my eyes again to go back to sleep, I saw that Jace was laying next to me still asleep. I rubbed my eyes hoping it would fully wake me up, but my head was simply pounding. Turns out that Jace has been hiding tequila and vodka in his room and not sharing with the rest of us in this house, so naturally, we drank most of it last night.

I wasn't a bad drunk, in the sense that I'm generally not too forgetful of the previous night and I do believe I remember all of last night and it was definitely fun. Jace was right, I'll give him that, he definitely knows his way around in bed.

I sat up in bed, holding the blankets up to my chest as I rubbed my eyes. I looked around the room for a phone but couldn't find one. I was looking for the time and Jace doesn't have a clock on the nightstand or anywhere else in his room for that matter.

I must have moved just enough to wake Jace up because next think I know, he was groaning and moving around. He turned his head on his pillow to look at me, and he smiled.

"Morning," he greeted in that sexy sleepy voice that all guys have.

"Hey," I greeted back. "You don't have a clock in here."

He chuckled, "that's what phones are for."

"You don't have one of those in here either," I smirked.

"It's probably still downstairs with the rest of our things. I didn't really need it last night," he smirked back.

"Do you have aspirin or any pain killers? My head is killing me."

"You mean the morning after pills, they're in the nightstand." I laughed. He was joking calling them the morning after pills though. He simply means, the morning after a drunken night not anything else. Opening the drawer he had headphones, a condom box, pain killers, and a phone charger.

As I took the pain killer, I was able to swallow it without water, it wasn't my first time having to. I could feel him sit up. He placed a kiss on the back of my shoulder.

"Last night was fun, Lex," he said against my skin.

"I'm surprised you haven't kicked me out yet," I joked as I turned to look back at him.

"Now why would I ever want to hurt those precious feelings of affection towards me," he said with a smirk. I had told him a million times last night that the date wouldn't make me like him. That I still think he's my cocky roommate but that he was definitely a fun hookup. By round three last night I think I had said it a good seventy five times.

Jace laid back on his pillow and closed his eyes. We must have fallen asleep around five or six in the morning. I most definitely remember the sun being up. He began to groan again when I started to pull the blankets to get up and walk back to my room.

"Babe, please, just go back to sleep. I'm not kicking you out let's sleep," he whined.

I sat back down on the bed and poked his chest. "You're not getting to used to me are you?" I joked and bit my lip.

"You're my number one babe, but definitely not my only one. Now if you keep biting that lip of yours, I'm going to have to take you again right now," he stated. Not caring all that much, I laid back down next to him and closed my eyes falling right back to sleep.

****

I don't know how long I had fallen back asleep for but it wasn't bright when I woke back up. I stretched my back and looked over to the window, the blinds had been shut which would make sense as to why it was darker. On the nightstand my phone had been placed up there and the bed was now empty.

I got up, collecting my clothes and phone, and getting dressed again. As I was walking out of the room I ran into Jace.

"You're up?" He asked sounding unsure.

"That would explain why I am now dressed leaving your room," I said sarcastically. "You weren't in there when I woke up so I-" however he didn't let me finish my explanation before he began his.

"I was cleaning up downstairs," he explained. "There was clothing and food still sitting out."

"Thanks for cleaning, but I'm going to go take a shower now," I informed him.

"I could always join you." The arrogant tone turned me off. 

"Thanks for the offer, Jace, but I'll have to pass. I'm sure they'll be home soon and I don't care to explain any of this. It was a one time deal, yeah?"

"Hey, I got you into my bed once, I think I could do it again," he answered with a wink.

"Still got your game I see," I finished the conversation before walking off into my room.

****

The hours that followed the events from this morning, were pretty, shall we say uneventful. Firstly, after taking a shower I did absolutely nothing. I laid on my bed wrapped in my towel thinking about last night. Then I finally decided to get dressed into comfy clothes which for me was an over sized white t-shirt knotted at the bottom corner paired with dark blue pajama shorts. Secondly, I waited the entire morning for Hayley to come home. She still has not. Lastly, Jace made a late lunch which finally brought me out of my room. 

As I emerged from the cave I call my bedroom, the aroma of pasta filled the air.  I followed the scent to the kitchen where I saw candles placed on the table as well as two bowls and two shot glasses. Jace was standing at the stove stirring the meal inside the skillet.

"Classy dinner, I mean what goes better than candles and shots?" I joked with Jace.

"Let's be honest, who doesn't prefer shots to wine or beer?" he enthused. He made a decent point. Shots are a lot more fun that wine and beer.

"Okay, I'll bite. What's going on?" I asked seeing how there was no sign of Kyler or Hayley still. There was a candle lit homemade dinner in front of me, I could not disregard all of this. 

"Well Hayley is apparently enjoying her time so much that they are not coming back for another day or so, and since we were supposed to have dinner last night, I thought why not," he explained as he turned off the stove and walked over to the table carrying the skillet. He poured to pasta into the bowls and put the skillet into the sink. "Dinner is served."

I pulled out the chair and sat down whilst Jace grabbed a bottle of tequila. "Interesting mix," I teased. "tequila shots and pasta. You know what's more fun than dinner? Body shots."

"Just shut up and enjoy your dinner," Jace chuckled.

We ate our dinner and shortly after that, we moved to the living room. We blew out the candles before leaving and left the dishes there for tomorrow morning. In the living room we found some random movie that is neither one of ours and turned it on. Nearly five minutes in, Jace began giving me kisses on the top of my head since we were all cuddled up near each other. I looked up at him and he took that as a signal to kiss my lips. 

"I see what you do," I began. "You get a girl drunk and then you get her into your bed." Of course I did not mean this seriously however I think he had a few too many shots in him to understand that.

"No, Lex that really isn't my plan. I thought shots are fun so why not," his speech was slightly slurred but nonetheless was still understandable. 

I adjusted myself so that I was straddling him on the couch, my back face to the television. "Just shut up and kiss me."