Meeting Noah

Hayley and I had met Noah when we were only in the seventh grade. I remember it like it was yesterday. Hayley's mom had taken her to the hair salon because earlier that day she had a hair mishap. With that being said, she came back with nearly no hair on her head. She had to cut most of her hair off leaving her with a pixie cut but in seventh grade it's not as stylish as it is an adult.

Hayley and I decided to go the park to run around when this girl came up to her. I had just walked off to run back to my bike where I had left my purse which had my camera in it. When I looked back over Hayley was in tears. The girl had been teasing her for looking like a boy. Hayley never had the choice in getting her hair cut, one, and two, it doesn't matter because the bully's opinion means nothing if it is mean.

I remember running up to her to stand up for Hayley and to tell the bully to leave her a lone but she had pushed me to the floor, which I will admit, it hurt a lot for us being so small. That's when we met Noah. He told the girl to leave us alone and to quit being a bully. That he thought her hair looked nice. The girl just brushed him off and walked away, but since that day we had been friends.

It was sophomore year of high school when I started noticing Noah as more than a friend. He had asked me to his school homecoming, since we had gone to different schools. Hayley, Noah, and I had gone as a group the year before to our school dance, but never just me and Noah alone, as a date type of deal.

Noah had gotten really into homecoming, he wanted to make sure his tie matched my dress. He even got me a corsage. It was really sweet of him. He didn't do anything extravagant like get a limo or go to a super fancy place for dinner, but we did go out to dinner. His parents dropped us off at the dance and it was a really nice night. He held my hand, we took pictures when we got there, and he even introduced me to a couple people I hadn't met before as his date.

It was by the end of the night when I realized he wanted to go to the dance as more than friends. As we began walking out of the dance he pulled me aside, away from the entire school flooding out of the gym. He asked me if he could kiss me, and not on the cheek as he had done a few times before, but on the lips. I didn't know how to answer, it'd make things weird if I had said no, so I said yes.

Since the night at the dance, our friendship had turned into something a little more than just that.

By junior year we had been inseparable. When it came to Hayley, Noah, and myself we were like the three musketeers. We were all very close but it was getting to the point where Noah was caring for me so much more than he should. I could tell he liked me a lot which gave me butterflies but it also upset me more than anyone could have ever understood. I really liked Noah. I thought I was beginning to like him so much that we would end up being high school sweethearts. That is when it dawned on me, we would be high school sweethearts. Together as our one and only. He would be the person I would be dependent upon and if anything happened to him, my heart would just break.

At junior year homecoming, a year after our first kiss I told him I had to be home early that night to help my sister out with something. However that was not entirely true. One of the guys from my school had asked me to a party that night. One thing lead to another and I ended up doing a lot more than I should have, especially while having a boyfriend that I cared for a lot. The next week the same guy was throwing a party but I had met a couple new people and I gave out a few more kisses than I should have.

By the time junior prom came around I had to end things with Noah. He cared for me a lot more than he should have, especially with me being so unfaithful as of late. I knew that it might hurt him some but that he would get over it, plus I wouldn't see him all that much, with him going to another school and all. As for Hayley's friendship with him, if it prevailed that's great there was no reason for it not to but if it didn't... Well let's just say that would be collateral damage.

*****

So what did you all think? It's been awhile, huh?

So I am currently rewriting this story... Trying to give myself more of a game plan as well as fix some kinks. For example, what schools rent condos in a complex for high schoolers and allow them to be co-ed?

But lately there have been so many more reads on this story that I felt like I should give you all a little bit more. thank you so much for the votes and enjoying my story. Let me know what you all think about it and what you would like to see happen in the next few chapters

xx Becca