An Ex-Conquest Named Noah

Noah was at the door again? Quite honestly I thought he would have avoided this condo knowing full well that I was living here. You see...

Noah was my boyfriend from last summer and partially the school year before that. Actually now that I think of it, we dated for quite awhile, maybe a little over a year. We started dating sophomore year, dated through summer, and for a portion of junior year until we decided to no longer carry that out. He is from a different school and never went to any parties, well that's a lie. When I dated him he wasn't much of a party goer but from what I hear from the boys about last night, he likes to throw them. Well anyways, he doesn't go to my school and we were dating for about a year. We were Facebook official per request of my lovely Noah although being Facebook official doesn't really mean much to me. It's just something to show off to the world; to mark your territory, and I am far from anyone's territory.

"Lex?" I heard Hayley say my name, pulling me out of my past. "Noah's here."

"Hi," I spoke softly towards him waiting for him to say something to me.

"Hales do you mind if I have some privacy to speak with Lexi alone?" Noah had asked Hayley and she obliged. She grabbed Kyler off the couch and headed upstairs.

"Why are you here?" I asked. After everything I had done to him, I wouldn't come back over here willingly.

"I wanted to talk to you, since we never got the chance junior year."

"You say it as if it were years ago, but we're not even seniors yet. Noah, I cheated on you. I didn't have some lame excuse like I was drunk or just got caught up in the moment, I just did. So why would you even want to talk to me?"

"Because, Lex, I loved you. I know I never told you while we were dating but I loved you. I never told anyone that you cheated. Unless you told Hayley-"

"She doesn't know and I greatly appreciate that you didn't tell her but why are you telling me all this now."

"After seeing you with that guy last night and then seeing him at the party I have to know, was it him? Are you with him now? Did he even know we were dating?"

"Noah, I cared about you a lot but it wasn't just once and it definitely wasn't just one guy. I told you there was no need to ruin a friendship to date each other, you know how I am, and you even knew how I was back then."

"I just thought it might be different because we were best friends."

"It was different. It hurt a lot more than I thought it would, to cheat on you the first time but then, I don't know. It turned into the normal hookup deal. And to answer your question, no, that guy. He's just some cocky guy I live with friends with Hayley's new boy toy. We don't get to choose who we live with remember?"

"I just thought that-"

"What? That I'd choose to live in an all girl house? That's not who I am."

"It's who you were when we met."

"You fell in love with the girl you first met in seventh grade, Noah. Things change, clearly you have. You never went to parties and look at you, throwing parties. You grew up, and something tells me you chose to live in a co-ed building as well."

"And if I did?"

"Then you just grew up Noah, I can't change how things ended. We drifted apart from being friends okay? Hayley is my best friend still and she is my only best friend. I don't know how else to tell you this Noah. I am not that same girl from seventh grade I grew up and so did you."

"Ali-"

"Noah, I don't go by Ali anymore, my name is Alexis not Ali."

"Can we try to catch up and maybe see if we want to be in each other's lives?"

"Why would you even want to be?"

"You were one of my best friends and plus my family misses you and I promise I am over you. I even have a new girlfriend."

"You have a girlfriend?"

"Yeah her name is Abigail and I would love for you to meet her. She only lives a few blocks from here, she graduated last year but she'd love you."

"Why would she love your ex girlfriend?"

"She would love my best friend. Please Alexis, let's just catch up you don't have to meet her quite yet but let's at least talk."

"Lunch tomorrow?"

"I'll pick you up at one. Thank you, Ali."

He left closing the door behind him and I headed to the couch in the living room. I just agreed to lunch with an ex-conquest. No, I agreed to lunch with my old best friend. I know I hurt him a lot when we were dating, well actually he had no clue I was cheating on him while we were dating, but I hurt him a lot in the end.

"So you'll say yes to a date with him but not with me, Ali?" Jace said from the top of the stairs with a smirk. He started to walk downstairs.

"How much did you hear?" I asked him. I couldn't decide if it would be a bad thing if he knew I had cheated or if I should be panicking. I didn't want Hayley to think less of me. I had always explained our breakup as a result of us just drifting apart which isn't a complete lie.

"Enough to know you asked him to lunch tomorrow and he agreed and called you, Ali. You know, that might explain why you're so hot. Alis are always hot." This boy was a living joke. He took a seat next to me on the couch. "I thought you were gonna speak with Hayley about your date, but last I saw, she was walking into Kyler's room."

"What would you like all-knowing Jace?" I asked sarcastically.

"I do like that name," he responded with that smirk. "But I think you know what I would like to be doing right now."

"Oh yeah?" I got off the couch and grabbed his hand pulling him up. "Let's finish what we started earlier."

He pulled me into him and kissed me once again.