Chapter 16: To Victory

I picked out for myself a dark blue business dress that fit my figure well and ended just above my knees, a pair of white heels, and hoop earrings to match the jewelry I had been wearing this morning. I was touching up a little bit of make up when Titus emerged from the closet in an suit with a matching dark blue shirt on underneath. He looked even better than I could have imaged. 

Let's take that suit off! Amara shouted and wolf whistled in the back of my head. 

Shut up! Later!

Promise?! I cut the connection between us with the realization that I had made a mistake that she was going to hold me to. 

Titus looked tentatively over at me. I could feel that he wanted to say something but he was afraid that it would spur some kind of fight between us. 

"Out with it Titus," I smiled playfully toward him. 

"There's something I need to ask of you..." he trailed off looking away from me now. 

"Then ask." 

"I need to... I need to get my scent on you. You're not marked and we're not mated. Phil might take that as an implication that we are prepared to meet his demands." 

"Okay." 

Titus whipped around so quickly I thought he might have hurt himself. "That's it? Just okay?"

"I can put up a fight if you like but I agree. I am yours, you are mine and we can't have him thinking any differently." 

Titus closed the distance between us and wrapped his arms around my mid-section pulling me against him. I could feel his insecurity, his hesitation. I decided to make the move for him. I looked up at him, placing my hand on his neck and pulled him down toward me so our mouths met softly. At first it was gentle and sweet but I bit down on his lip and slipped my tongue into his mouth. He fought me for dominance over the kiss and I let him win as he lowered me onto the bed. He released my lips and left open mouthed kisses down my neck, sucking and biting softly as he went. 

"I really want to mark you," he whispered as he reached my soft spot. If I hadn't had the advanced alpha hearing I wouldn't have been able to hear him. 

"Maybe you should," I whispered back. 

Once again, inhumanly fast Titus was hovering over me with his eyes staring into mine. "I want to do it Liana but I don't want to do it because we are going to this meeting. This isn't a business transaction. This is the beginning of our life together." He sighed and nuzzled down the other side of my neck. 

"I want to wear your mark."

"You will. But I want it to be right. You deserve something romantic and thought out." Titus pecked my lips again and climbed off the bed offering his hand down to help me up. I took his hand and he lead me down the stairs and out toward the driveway. 

There were four black SUVs lined up. Mathias and Ven were standing next to one of the cars and several men I had not yet encountered were outside two of the others. 

"Mathias and Ven will ride in a car separate from us, the warriors are split into two groups to lead and bring up the back of the convoy, if you would like to call it that. We will be in the third car." Titus explained to me as everyone took notice of our approach and bowed their heads in respect. Without a word we all got into our cars, each with their own drivers and the journey started. 

Titus produced a briefcase from under his seat and pulled out some paperwork to look over while we rode. 

"Anything I can help with?"