Chapter 17: You're In Trouble Now

After only an hour or so on the road the car pulled off the main road and rolled down a gravel pathway. I was getting excited to find out what Titus had in mind for our victory celebration. It felt like hours until we rolled into a wide driveway with a red Porsche parked on the far side. The car came to a stop and Titus opened the door, holding out his hand to help me out which I gladly took and took in the cottage home in front of me. 

It was a sweet little two-story home, made with dark wood and white details. The porch wrapped around the entire house and held several comfortable looking whicker chairs with big plush pillows in cream and green colours. The front door was entirely glass with dark brown metal details. Titus opened the door for me and motioned me inside. The inside was as beautiful as the outside with the same colour scheme. There was a huge cream coloured sectional and big lounge chairs in the living room. They were facing a massive screen that acted as a TV. The living room opened up into a beautiful white kitchen with gorgeous countertops and natural light. 

I could feel Titus watching my every move. I realized I hadn't spoken in a few minutes and my mouth was clearly hanging open. 

"Wow," was all I managed to squeak out. 

"I'll take that to mean you like it," he chuckled from behind me as he wrapped his muscular arms around my waist and kissed my cheek.

"I love it! You bought this?" 

"It's the family cabin. It's where my mother and father would take us for vacations when we were little. Would you like to see the upstairs?" I nodded and Titus took my hand. The staircase was hidden in the corner and lead into a wide open hallway on the second floor. The doors were dark wood and the cream colour was matched with small navy blue accents. 

"This was my room when I was little," Titus opened a door to my right and revealed a navy blue room filled with book shelves and beautiful art work along the walls. The window held a bench padded with cream coloured pillows but the view was the best part. It opened up into the backyard which was lined on either side by massive trees and flower beds that had clearly been well maintained. At the very back of the lot was a lake! 

"There's a lake!" 

"There is. It's a great swimming spot. I'll take you out there later but I want to show you our room." He took my hand and pulled me gently away from the window and into the master bedroom. It was almost as beautiful as our room back home with cream coloured walls, dark wood furniture, and navy blue sheets and pillows on the bed. In the corner there was a little sitting area with a light leather couch, a small coffee table, and a tv hanging above the fireplace. 

"Do you like it?" He looked down at me as he scratched the back of his neck nervously. "I just had it redone but if you don't like it I can make changes-"

I cut Titus off by jumping into his arms and planting a big kiss on his lips. He wrapped his arms around me and I hooked my legs around his waist. 

"This is absolutely perfect!" I smiled brightly at him. "Don't you dare change a single thing!" 

He laughed, a full laugh and my heart sank in my chest. I could feel the sparks shooting between us and his laughter made me feel like I had won the lottery. Before I could think I was crashing my lips into his and pulling him as close as I physically could. He responded immediately as he squeezed my ass and turned to push my back against the wall so he could dominate the kiss. He wasted no time in pushing his tongue into my mouth and moving his hands feverishly from my butt to my breasts. He teased my nipples through the fabric of my dress and I groaned in approval.

Suddenly he pulled back and rested his forehead against mine breathing heavily. "We should stop or I won't be able to."

"We can stop," he looked into my eyes and I smirked, "for now." 

Titus groaned softly, "you're going to be the death of me." 

I lowered myself down from around his waist and smiled up at him. "I'd like to get outside if you're interested. I need to let Amara out. She's been running around like a madman."

"It would be good for her and Telum to meet but... I'm worried about letting them out together before I've marked you. I don't want him to lose control of himself." 

I thought for a moment and realized he was right. The wolves are more primal and they won't hesitate to take over if they think we are taking too long to complete the bond. 

"You're right but I would still like to get outside."

"How about we go down to the lake and take a dip?" 

I got excited at the prospect but the realization also dawned on me, "we didn't bring any luggage." 

Titus just chuckled, grabbed my hand and pulled me back to the front door where there were two small bags waiting. I also noticed that the SUV was gone from the driveway and just the Porsche remained. Titus grabbed the bags and handed me the smaller of the two. 

"My sister packed it so I have no idea what's in there but there should be a swimsuit for you. There's a bathroom down the hall to the left if you would like to change now." 

I took off running toward the bathroom with my bag in hand and Titus laughing behind me. I ruffled through the bag. I could tell that Lux had been the one to pack my bag as there were several items that had price tags on them and were the same style as most of the items that were in my closet at home. I saw a beautiful set of red lace lingerie right on top with a sticky note that simply read: "have fun! ;)" I giggled and pulled out a royal blue bikini. Looking at it made me blush, I was not accustomed to wearing such revealing clothing. My father would have never allowed me to leave the house in something that revealed my cleavage, stomach and a good portion of my butt cheeks. Once I put it on I was surprised at how good I looked and I was excited to show Titus. 

I opened the bathroom door and saw that to my right the back door was propped open. I headed out and followed the pathway down toward the lake and saw Titus standing with his back to me. I took the opportunity to rush him and hit his back in an attempt to push him into the lake. Unfortunately for me, he turned around just as I was going to crash into him and wrapped his arms around me as the impact threw us both into the water. 

"Titus!" I yelled as I came back to the surface. 

"That was one hundred percent your fault!" 

"Why did you turn around?" I asked splashing him. 

He stalked closer to me with darkness lingering in his eyes. "I smelt you as soon as you came out of the house. I figured I would take in the beauty of my mate but someone felt the need to push me into the lake and so I took you with me." He reached me and put both of his hands on my hips lifting me out of the water slightly. "That is a beautiful colour on you but..." he leaned a little closer, "I would rather see it on the floor." 

I blushed and pushed him back. "I'm not sure you could handle that," I tease. 

"Is that a challenge?" 

"Not a challenge, a warning," I winked at him and turned back to head for the house. 

"I wouldn't turn your back on an Alpha," he growled a warning to me. 

"Oh honey," I flipped my hair and looked back at him over my shoulder. "I am also an Alpha." And then I took off running.

I had almost reached the house when I felt Titus grab onto me as he picked me up, flipped me around, and wrapped my legs around his waist before slamming my back against the door. 

"Oh you're in trouble now."