<>

They all went to a cafe after playing a few rounds of MM2. Carol decided it would've been fun and they get to know each other more. She drove them there, it was a little far but not too far. It was getting boring so Karen all decided to spark a conversation. She talked about the the things she liked and asked the others what they like. Bacon looked at the floorboard, ignoring what they were saying. He could still hear them but he just didn't want to listen. She asked a weird question seeing no one really talking to her.

"So if someone were to kill attempt to kill someone who mean a lot to you, what would you do?" Karen asked them. It was awkward to answer so karen gave her input, "Personally, if someone tried to kill my friends, girlfriend, or family I would protect even if my life is on the line."

"That's cool, I would try to save them." Slender said as he looked down. Karen turned to bacon. "What about you?" She asked him. He looked up and shrugged. "That's a random question as if someone would try to kill someone close to me. It's so fucking unlikely. If it were to happen, I'd beat them up or I don't know. Call the fucking cops or some shit." Karen nodded as she turned  to carol. "I don't know." Carol answered then slowing down near a cafe. "Let's move on from that conversation. So weird you asked that, as if it could happen. Anyways new guy works here. Lately,from what I heard, there's been strange things happening but we shouldn't worry." She finished what she was saying after parking into a lot. Carol got out first excited to visit it. She hoped this is where they'll find him. The others slowly got out, last being bacon of course.

"Hey, my love, do you think it's best we go here? What if the things they say is true." Karen asked her before closing the car door. Carol shook her head and reassured her "it'll be fine, I won't let anything happen to you. I love you so much." She hugged her and karen hugged back. Bacon looked away and started to walk over to the cafe. Carol saw that and yelled, "Wait for the rest of us." She went after bacon which left Karen and slender alone. Slender just sighed and muttered "I now know why no one visits this part of the city. It's getting late and I heard it's unsafe." Karen agreed saying, "absolutely, traveling here alone can be a danger, even during the day.  Not as much but something still can happen if you turn the wrong corner."

"Hurry up guys." Carol called for them as she opened the door. Karen trudged her way over there, followed by slender. They reached the cafe's entrees. Carol held the door open for them. They all walked in and looked around for a place to sit. Carol , before closing the door looked out to see if she saw anything and she didn't so she shut it. She went to see where they sat. It wasn't too far from the door, right next to the window so she walked over there.

"Bacon, you have good memory right?" Karen asked him. He looked at her and nodded. "Great, can you order for us and go to the Barista?" Bacon looked uneasy but nodded again. God he hated talking but he agreed. They all said what they wanted and he went up with a note so he can read off of it.

The barista was a lady with a black ponytail going onto her shoulder. She had a necklace, though it didn't match. She looked to be young, probably around their age.

"What would you like to order? We have a wide variety." She asked him, kinda looking a the window and back. He read off of the list and she smiled. "Wow, it would be very lucky if I had someone working with me. We've been very short on staff." She stated while working on the order. "I'm glad it isn't much. I assume you're with that group." She said as she pointed to his friends.

"Yeah, they're my friends. Carol brought us here and we wonder where our friend went. She said he worked here. He hasn't been talking to us and we're worried." Bacon explained cheerfully. He might be a dick but he isn't going to be rude to a worker. He read what her name tag said. "Thanks for taking our order jade, I hope someone comes with you to take the nightshift with you."

"I'm afraid no one will, well expect for my best friend and that's if they even show up." She responded as she finished the order. She handed it to him then looked away. He could tell she was nervous. He hoped the best for her.

"I got what you guys wanted and what I wanted." He said as he returned to the table. He sat beside slender and took a smoothie.

"That's the only thing you got? You can share with me if you want." Slender said as he grabbed a few cookies, trying to hand one to bacon. Bacon rejected since he wasn't hungry. He drank the smoothie then said, "I need a moment outside, just for fresh air."

"That's unsafe dude." Karen warned him but he still went out. Karen sighed then went to flirt with carol. Slender stared at them then looked out the window. Bacon was probably ok but he had to check. "I'll check on him." He said as he got up and went to the door. He opened it and tapped bacon's shoulder.

"What the fuck do you want?" Bacon asked turning to him. Slender sighed then went outside. "I just wanted to check on you."

"I don't fucking care. Just give me time. I'll be fine, it's not like I fucking die or something. If anything happens I'll go inside." He snapped at him. Slender grabbed his hands then opened the door. "I'm telling you, it's not safe waiting out there. Why were you out there?" He questioned him as he reached the table.

"I was waiting for new guy to show up, he texted me saying "Yeah, I've been busy. I have a nightshift with jade." He told them. Slender doubted it but he didn't want to cause trouble.

"Just wait for him to show up, for me at least." He said to him and bacon replied with, "fine, for you .. i mean for you guys." Karen raised an eyebrow at him. "What? I fucking messed up." He raged at her.

"Your holding his hand." She said which caused bacon to move his hand from his. Slender flustered a bit, he must've forgotten to let go when they got in. He didn't even notice he was still holding his hand before she mentioned it, neither did bacon.

"I'll be fine you guys, please fucking trust me on this." He insisted. "I'm old enough and I can beat someone if they lay a hand on me, at least I think." None of them answered so he just rushed outside. Slender went to follow but stopped by karen saying, "it's useless, even if you do care about him. He'll just stay out there." Slender looked back then at bacon from the window. He walked to the door and put his hand on it.