Back Home

‘Grin! Griin!! Grin!!!’

Adrian was on a Grey v-neck t-shirt and brown khaki chino trousers with unlaced athletic shoes. With a different type of swag, he stepped into the cafeteria, gazing at the crowd of students for John.

Stormie just gave Stella and Helen the piece of jewelry she bought for them from Wolfsberg. A silver necklace and bangle.

“Geez! Is that your brother, Stormie?” Helen asked, dumbfounded.

Stormie turned back, and a small grin brightened her face.

As Adrian approached, other girls turned their heads, even the boys.

“Is he a new student?” a guy seated close to Jason asked his partner in admiration.

Jason and charms as they gave him a devil look as he took his order.

“Oh, so you’re back? Let me pay for that.” A girl muttered from behind. Adrian turned and realized that it was Ashley.

“Yeah... Last night. And don’t worry, I’m fine. Thanks anyway.” He took out some cash out of his wallet and paid.

Ashley chuckled softly as her eyes rolled from his head to toe. “You look different, I must say.” She leaned to him, her hand adjusting his jet-black hair. “About our last discussion?”

“I have no idea...” Adrian held her hand and pulled back. “And about prom, you can go with Jason.”

“What... You don’t want to go to prom with me?” her voice dropped in disappointment.

“Far from that. The thing is, I already have a date. But... Thanks anyway.” He took his food tray and went to sit with John.

Ashley watched him, dumbfounded. “What just happened?”

While going to his seat, Jason and Fabian gave him an incredulous glare but Adrian paid no attention.

“Well, I saw you two chatting. What did you talk about?” John asked excitedly.

“She asked me to prom.”

“Shut up! Ashley did that?”

“I said no,” Adrian admitted.

“Okay, are you suffering from some kind of pro-stromatic Austria stress?”

“Not at all. It’s just that I already have a date.” He glanced at Maria, who was watching him from behind.

“No way! You know the new hot student?”

“Let's say she’s my girlfriend.” He busted to John, and they chuckled softly.

Pissed at what was funny, Jason threw his football at them. Adrian grabbed it in a clench and John’s eyes widened to how he was so fast.

“Excuse me.” He walked directly to Jason, placing the ball between them. “See you at trials, boys.” Maria wrapped her arm around him as they walked away.

“What audacity?” Fabian’s eyes were boiling from so much anger.

At Training, Adrian played well and Mr. Clayton made him the team captain. Pestered, Jason and Fabian planned to teach him a lesson after school hours.

Adrian was in the toilet when someone suddenly busted in. He jerked fast enough to miss the blow. Adrian pulled him in, hitting his face hard against the wall before he realized it was Jason.

“What are you doing here?” Adrian raised an eyebrow, not wanting to cause any trouble.

“You know what you did, motherfucker!” Jason pulled out of his grip with a sharp knife in hand. Enraged, he tried to stab Adrian, but he flinched, feathered like an arrow.