3 - Test

Tony POV.

Peter

Peter

You're not my dad

You
I don't care.
Now go

Peter
Okay sir
Calm down
Old man

You
I'm not old!

I put my phone away and continued to work on my suit but I couldn't quiet concentrate.
The only thing my mind thought about was Peter.

I mean, how did he do that. He programed his phone so that not even me can hack it. And I'm Tony Stark while he is just some 14 year old kid that goes to High school.

"Tony?"

I turned around to see Pepper standing behind me.

"Is everything okay? You've been staring at the suit for over 10 minutes now and you didn't react to any of my calls."

"Yep. Everything's okay. Of course, everything's okay. I'm Tony Stark after all."

She sighed.

"But?"

"What do you mean 'But?'?"

"Tony. I can see that there's something bothering you."

"It's just..."

I looked at my hands, the phone and then back at Pepper.

"Just?"

"There's this boy."

"What's with him?"

"Well... It started with me trying to text Steve who gave me a wrong number. Instead I texted this boy. We talked and after a little bit joking around that I would hack his phone and him being completely chill about it I actually tried to. But I couldn't."

" What do you mean?"

"I didn't get through. I don't know what he did to his phone but I just couldn't hack it and the best still hasn't come yet. He's fucking 14."

Pepper looked shocked at me.

"What do you wait for? Ask if he wants an internship here."

"Yeah. No. I can't."

"What do you mean you can't?"

She looked confused at me while I placed my hand on my neck scratching it.

"He doesn't know I'm Tony Stark."

"And you don't want to tell him because you're scared?"

"Pfft.. Me and scared? Never..."

She looked at me with this weird expression and then sighed.

"Why don't you make a test for everyone with the age 14 and the one with the highest score gets to be an intern here."

That was a good idea. I kissed her and walked over to my desk. I saw in the corner of my eye how Pepper smiled at me and then walked out of the lab.

I sat down and thought about a good concept for the test.

After around an hour I had a good test. It was hard and shouldn't be able to be made by a normal or a bit smarter kid. It was especially about coding.

"F.R.I.D.A.Y."

"Yes, sir?"

"Activate 'Email protocol'."

"'Email protocol' activated."

"Dear High school, tomorrow will a worker or intern of mine come around. I want every 14 year old to write the test made by myself. The worker/intern will stop the time and I'll correct the tests myself. The student with the best score will become my personal intern and their school gets a own special gift. What the gift is, will be announced later. Tony Stark."

"Do you want me to send it like this to every high school, sir?"

"Uhh.. Yes but change the 'High school' in the text to the actual school's name."

"Any other changes or do you want me to send it now, sir?"

"You can send it now and please assign the workers with or without an extra intern to each school."

"Done, sir."