8 - Old Men

Peter pov.
I stepped out of the car and with Eira walking next to me, holding my hand, we followed Tony to an elevator.

"Are you ready?" he asked.

I looked confused at him "For what?"

He sighed "The Avengers of course."

"Right."

I completely forgot that part. Eira giggled at me. We stepped into the elevator and I looked around. There were no buttons. How do we-

"Penthouse F.R.I."

The elevator started to move.

"Thanks F.R.I."

"No problem sir."

"So uhm... What should I call you?"

"I don't care." He shrugged with his shoulders and walked out of the elevator that has stopped and opened the doors.

"What about Dad."

I looked down at Eira.

"Eira! What has gotten into your mind."

She shrugged and pulled me out of the elevator, walking up to Tony.

I heard the elevator close and go down again.

I looked at Tony who was standing there staring at nothing but air. I think he heard Eira.

I took Eira on my arm and walked around him. I waved my hand in front of his face but there was no reaction.

Yep. Definitely heard it.

I heard the elevator coming back up and my 'Peter tingle' told me that the elevator wasn't empty.

"Tin can?"

I looked past him, seeing the Hawkeye standing there.

"Who are you?!"

"I'm Peter Parker, sir. This is my-This is Eira. I'm here because of the internship."

"Internship? I didn't knew Tin can would let interns up here. I mean... How old are you?"

"15, sir."

"Stop that."

"Stop what?"

"Stop calling me sir. It makes me feel old."

"But you are."

"Eira!"

"What? That was the pure truth."

"I like her."

Looks like Tony finally snapped back to reality.

"And I don't like you, old pedophile."

"Ey!"

Hawkeye was laughing really hard trying to keep standing but he couldn't and had to lean against the wall.

I was trying to hold back my laughs.

"That one was good, Eira."

"Thanks, Birdy."

Her smile was bigger than every other smile I've seen on her yet.

It made me smile at her too.

"Told ya, she would come around with the Avengers."

I shrugged. And looked at Hawkeye who was now calm again.

"Anyway.. Care to explain, Tim can?!"

"Stop calling me that Clint. And he's my new personal intern."

"What's with cool girl?"

"His..."

He looked at me and I nod. He looked back at Clint, debating if he could trust him with that information.

"This is high classified information Mr. Barton. Can I trust you with it?"

Clint looked in shock at Tony and straightened, while nodding eagerly.

"Good. Kid."

He stepped back and motioned for me to do it.

I stepped forward and looked at Hawkeye.

"She is my daughter. I adopted her when I saved her dorm two pedophiles. Not that old man behind me but yeah."

He loosens his posture and looked at me with big eyes.

"You're 15."

"I know."

"Well. I'll gladly help you if you need any help with parenting. I have three kids myself after all."

Well. I didn't expect that but I smiled and thanked him for the offer.

"No problem."