017.

"No because I obliterated Matt in every single game." Sadie says as she lays down a big towel on the sand. "It's honestly embarrassing." She pulls down her shorts.

"You cheated!"

"No I didn't!" She yells back. Matt ignores her completely and gestures towards the beach with his head. Nick, Madi and Talia follow him with a knowing smile. "No one likes a sore loser, Matthew." The blonde girl takes off her sweatshirt and Chris almost has a heart attack right there.

"Whatever!" His brother replies with a little laugh as they all walk away.

"Is everything okay?" Chris gulps. Suddenly nervous and praying she doesn't notice.

"Uh-yeah. Why wouldn't it be?"

"I don't know." They look at each other for a moment. "I feel like you're mad at me."

"I'm not." She shakes her head. "I just thought you wanted... space, I guess, from me." Sadie sits beside him. "I don't want to hurt you."

"You hurt me more when you ignore me... like you've been doing since you picked us up." He says, looking forward.

"I'm-"

"Chris?" They turn to the girl calling his name. Sadie's stomach drops when she sees Camila Garcia with Conan Gray behind her. "It is you! Hi!"

He stands up to hug her and she waves at the blonde before taking Chris with her friends. Sadie stands up and shrugs when the boy looks back for a moment with a worried look on his face.

"It's okay." She mouths.

Then, Sadie walks towards her own friends and gasps when she comes in contact with the cold water.

"Where's Chris?" Nick asks.

"With Camila." The blonde girl answers. "Don't know where, though."

"He just... left?" Matt questions, looking around.

"Yup."

[...]

Chris can't help but think how stunning Camila Garcia is in person. Tan skin, brown hair, brown eyes, pink full lips... yeah, she's definitely pretty. She introduces him to her friends (mostly singers or daughters of famous people).

"Where do you know Sadie from?" Camila asks, handing him a Corona. He takes it but doesn't drink from it.

"Just— social media, you know?" He answers vaguely.

"So, are you two... like, dating?" The singer walks closer to him.

"Not really."

"Does that mean I have a chance with you?" She cocks her head to the side and plays with one of her braids.

He throws his head back as he chuckles.

"You want a chance with me?"

"Have I not made it obvious that I like you?" She smiles.

Chris doesn't know what to say. They don't even know each other, how can she like him? How can he like her? When he focuses on Camila again, she's fluttering her eyelashes the same way as Sadie and his heart skips a beat at the memory.

"I'm a clueless guy." He says in response. "Maybe you'll have to show me."

Somewhere not to far from where Olivia and her friends settled in on the beach, Sadie found herself staring at them, how closed she was standing and the fact that she couldn't see his face and read his emotions was making her stomach turn.

"Why is he talking to her?" Sadie frowns, heart aching and visibly upset.

"I mean... he is single, he can do whatever he wants." Talia answers, catching up on her best friend's feelings. Her mouth forms an 'o' as she realizes something. "Sadie, you're jealous!"