034.

*:・゚✧*:・゚irl

"Hey."

Sadie jumped, startled, almost dropping her PopTart.

"Holy shit, you scared me!" She put a hand on her chest and closed her eyes.

"Sorry." He smiled. "Are you hungry?" He pointed at the sweet in her hand.

"It's Nick's." She placed it on the counter. "We were watching a movie."

"And you're up this late?" He frowned.

"Can't sleep."

"Me neither."

Sadie bites the inside of her cheeks.

"I should go, Nick is probably-" She starts walking but Chris' hand on her arm stop her.

"I made you a playlist." He says out of panic, he didn't want her to leave just yet.

"What?"

"I just... Can you come to my room after?" He scratched his neck.

"Is this some grand scheme to get me into your room?" She raised an eyebrow jokingly, though inside, her stomach was fluttering.

"No. I just want to show you the playlist I made you."

"Sure thing." She said, not really believing him. "I'll be there in a minute."

Chris nodded, but Sadie didn't see him. She was already walking carefully to Nick's room.

"Here's your thing." She tossed it to Nick. "I'm going to Chris' room." Sadie announced.

"Are you sleeping there?" He questioned surprised.

"No." Sadie answered almost too fast. Nick shot her a look. "I'm not."

"Uh-huh."

"I'm not." Se repeated.

"Yeah, sure. I believe you... not." He mumbled to himself that last bit.

"He asked me to come, should I?" She asked honestly.

"He's your boyfriend."

"But I said we needed boundaries." She chew on her lip. "I would contradict myself."

"And? Just take it back. I know you miss him." He opened his PopTart. "I can tell you're not sleeping very well without him." Then said: "What's the worst thing that could happen?"

"I'm scared."

"Of what?"

"What I feel." She says. "I've felt this before, I know what it is." She cringes to herself. "And I always loose myself in the feeling."

"Oh." His face lights up with realization. "Oh!"

"I'll be back."

"I'll lock my door." He smiles.

"Why?" She asks with amusement

"You guys need to talk. Plus, I'm tired of you moving around so much." He added jokingly.

"Thanks... I guess?" She turned around and closed the door behind her. She headed to where Chris was waiting anxiously for her. "Sorry, I was talking to your brother."

"It's okay." She shut the door and walked towards his bed. "Sit."

"Did you really made me a playlist?" She asked as she sat on his bed with one leg touching the floor and her body facing him.

"Yeah." He opened Apple Music and handed it to her.

"these make me think of u"

Please Notice — Christian Leave
18 — One Direction
So Damn Into You — Vlad Holiday
Fall in Love with You. — Montell Fish
Light Blue — Landon Cube, Kid Bloom
I See the Light — Tangled Official Soundtrack
You Belong To Me — Let It Shine Official Soundtrack
Sweet Creature — Harry Styles
I Want to Write You a Song — One Direction

"You don't even listen to most of these." She scroll through it.

"But you do."

She looked up and made eye contact with him. He gulped and pat down the empty space beside him as he laid down. She crawled next to Chris and pressed her body to his side.

The first song played.

Without realizing, the next song was already playing. Sadie faced him, draped one leg over one of his and placed a hand on his chest. His heart was beating really fast.

20 minutes later, it was over.

"Thank you." She whispered loud enough for him to hear. He turned his head slightly to look at her.

"You're the kind of girl that people write songs about. But I don't know how to do that."

"I could say the same thing about you." She smiled.

"If I was any good at it, my whole discography would be about you."

"Have you ever tried writing anything?" She draw little circles on his chest.

"Just once." He confesses

"What happened?"

"It sucked ass."

She giggled and hid her face in his shoulder.

"I missed you." He said after a while. The playlist he'd made her on repeat.

"Me too." She stretches her neck to give him a quick kiss on the cheek. "We suck at being apart."

"We really do." Chris smiled. "We're one of those couples, huh?"

"Ugh. We are, it's disgusting." Sadie jokes.

"I've... I've been having trouble sleeping."

When Sadie stays silent, he continues.

"I think it's because we've been sleeping together everyday for... two months," he said that almost as a question "I got used to you."

"My bed felt too big." She talks in a soft voice.

"I..." love you.

"Were you saying something?" She asks him, her voice slow and low. Sleepy.

"No." He turns his body to the side. "We should go to sleep."

She puts his back to him and snuggles against his body. He drapes an arm over her waist and closes his eyes.

"Goodnight, Chris." She whispers.

"Goodnight, baby."