30

"No."

"Leigh, come on."

"We'll look like we're on a date."

It had happened before. Roman and Everleigh had gone and seen Get Out together and as they left the theatre someone had told them they were gorgeous together. Roman had choked on the last sip of his diet Coke and Everleigh was left to tell them it was not what it looked like—the worst excuse in the book, but the reality nonetheless.

"You think I didn't consider that?" Roman asked. "Flo doesn't want to go."

"Roman, you're a shit." Everleigh sighed, running a hand along her forehead. "How do you know I want to go?"

"Because you're the only person I know who owns sixteen different Scream shirts."

"Seventeen." It was ridiculous of her that she was that particular about facts. Who the hell counted their t-shirts? Who owned that many t-shirts about one subject when they weren't uniforms in the first place?

"Everleigh," Roman said. "I'll buy you snacks."

"Why can't you go by yourself?"

"If I go to a horror movie by myself, I'll look like an idiot."

"You look like an idiot any—" Everleigh started.

"Don't say I look like an idiot anyway—" Roman said at the same time.

"Don't make it so easy."

"I'll buy popcorn, dinner after."

"Do you have any friends?" Everleigh asked.

"Leigh, you're my fiancée's maid of honour and you're still coming to my bachelor party," Roman said. "And my father-in-law is coming."

"That's because you wanted to go to a football game and Pa would've been insulted if you didn't invite him," Everleigh said. "You wanted me there so we could go for beer runs away from him."

"He's embarrassing at football games," Roman admitted. He'd learned his lesson about saying soccer in front of anyone in London. Poor bastard.

"So are you when you're piss drunk." Everleigh pulled her blanket over her head, cuddling more into her pillow. "I don't want to exist today. Putting trousers on sounds exhausting."

"Throw sweats on," Roman said, "you think I'm wearing proper pants to a movie theatre?"

Everleigh groaned. "Did Florence put you up to this?"

"I—no."

Everleigh sighed. "So that's a yes?"

"She wants to hang out with Nav," Roman said. "Told me to get fucked."

"No, she didn't."

"No, she didn't," Roman admitted. "But she did tell me to go do something outside of the house because I was driving her nuts."

"That doesn't sound like you at all," Everleigh said.

"You get closer to me telling mom and dad about you and Maverick every fucking day, Everleigh." Not the full name. Dear lord.

"Ugh. Why don't you just come here?" Everleigh asked. "Stream something while I sleep?"

"You never have any food in your flat."