Chapter 17: Can We Talk?

I arrived home and as I suspected, Luke wasn't here. I should leave and file for divorce. I can't do this anymore, it hurts. I changed her, fed her and then put her to sleep. I changed into my pajamas and fell asleep.

I woke up the next day, and Luke, wasn't in the room, his side wasn't even touched. I checked on Violet and she was still sleeping. I searched the house and found him in the guest bedroom.

I went to make breakfast and placed everything on the table. I saw him and went to kiss him, but he moved his face.

"Luke, we don't talk. All you do is work, you have changed so much."

"I'm stressed, Savannah." He sighed. "Exhausted, everything is accumulating."

"You should still make time for us. Not everything is work!"

"Savannah, I wont have this conversation again." He said through gritted teeth.

"Of course not, I promise I won't bother you again." I smiled as I put food on my plate.

He didn't ate breakfast. He just left the house. And so will we. I grabbed Violet's bag, and packed her stuff, then I grabbed my suitcase and place my clothes. I left a note on his side of the bed and then left with my baby.

............

Dad opened the house and helped me with my stuff and Violets. Marissa was accommodating, the stuff she bought for Violet, in the nursery.

"Couples go through rough patches." She offered me a smile.

"I know." I sighed. "I just feel like, ever since, she arrived, he has changed."

"I think you should stay here for a few days, then go to him and talk. If he still behaves like an ass, then file for a divorce. Don't make decisions with a hot head." She advised me.

"I will."

"Hey. Almost sis." I turned to see Matt.

I chuckled. "Hey, Matt."

He hugged me. Words weren't necessary to know what was going on.

Luke

I came home from the office, and went straight to our room. I'm so exhausted. Fucking conferences, have drain me and leave me in such a bad mood. My eyes drifted to a note, on my bed side.

"Fuck!"

"You forgot your computer." Dad said as he entered the bedroom. "What's wrong?"

"Savannah left and took everything."

"And what did you do, to make her leave?" He sat next to me.

"I haven't been the best husband. I have been an ass to her. Being CEO, is exhausting. I'm tired, and I've made her feel, like I hate, Violet." I rubbed my face in frustration.

"I told you to not be an ass." He got up. "Leave the company problems, there. You think it was easy for me, when I was CEO? No, it almost cost me, your mother. I took it out on her, and she was pregnant with you."

"You didn't hit her?"

"No, but I was always angry, barely made time for her. Do you really want Savannah, out of your life?"

"No, I want her and Violet in it." I wiped my tears. "I want them back. I want them more than I ever wanted to become CEO. I want my wife back and make things right."

"Give her a few days, then go get your wife and let her know, that you love her and her daughter. You'll find the right words, when you have her in front of you."

Savannah

A few days went by, Luke, has called me, sent texts. But I have ignored them. I mean why answer him, when he has been an ass.

"We'll be back in two days, don't burn down the house." Dad told me.

"Hey, that was one time and I was 10!"

"You put, tin foil in the microwave and that shit caught fire."

"I was protecting the food." I shrugged.

My dad and Marissa laughed. They both hugged me and then left. I went to check on Violet, and she was peacefully sleeping. I was about to take a nap, on the couch, when the doorbell rang.

"I'm coming!"

I opened the door and there he was, with baggy eyes, messy hair and wearing pajamas. I guess work has been really stressful.

"You look like shit."

"Well, you look beautiful." He smiled.

"Thank you. So what brings you here?"

"Can we talk? Please?"

I sighed. We went to the living room and sat on the couch. He grabbed my hand and pulled me to him.

"Savy, I'm sorry. I swear I haven't cheated on you. The neighbour is into girls, she has a girlfriend. Work has been stressful and I've been taking it out on you."

I pulled away from him. "But feels like you hate Violet, like she annoys you. I can't be with someone who doesn't like my daughter. Is it because she isn't biological yours? is that it?"

"No, of course not." He wiped my tears. "I love her, I know I have made it look like I don't, but I do. She's my daughter too. As I said before, I've been stressed with work, that I got irritated from lack of sleep."

"I tried kissing you that day, and you treated me like I was nothing."

"I was being an ass that day, I just wanted from earth to swallow me. Someone stole from us, but was caught the next day."

"Do me a favor, leave your anger and all that bullshit, in the company. For us to work, you have to stop snapping at me. Stop making us feel, like we don't mean Anything to you."

"Dad told me the same. Being CEO, almost make him lose mom. And I don't want to lose you, or Violet." He interlaced our fingers and then kissed my hand. "I love you, Savannah."

He crashed his lips against mine and we poured all of our emotions. How much I've missed his kisses.We pulled away and rested our foreheads against each other's.

I smiled. "I love you too."