s e v e n

I woke up, and felt a sharp pain, pierce my side. I grunted, and stood up, only to fall back down in the realisation, that I was in the RV, and it was moving.

I shook my fur out, instantly feeling better, but ignored the burning pain, that was searing in my ribs. I trotted over to the front of the RV, and stared out the windshield, leaning into Glenn who was keeping an eye out.

His head whipped round, and I greeted him happily with a kiss. He chuckled, and scratched behind my ears, "good girl, you gave us quite a shock back there. You good now?" I gave a small, yet happy bark in content, and nuzzled my face into his neck.

I let out a huff, as the RV came to a rolling halt. "Oh no" Damn right, oh no. We can't go round that truck. We are going to have to move all them fricking cars man.

Daryl turned back, his bike spitting out fumes. "See a way through?" Dale asks. He nodded his head, directing us further into the abundance of cars. "Maybe we should just go back." Glenn stated, "there's an interstate bypass-" He was cut off by Dale, "We can't spare the fuel."

I looked through the glass, as Dale carefully manoeuvred us through, the abandoned highway. Everyone in the RV was tense. I glanced at the rearview mirror, and saw Rick, guiding the car behind us. I turned back and faced the front, as an uncomfortable silence, drifted through the air.

"Jeez" Glenn whispered to himself, looking at the cars left on their sides, clearly having crashed, when it first started. "Can we get through her-" Whoever was speaking, was cut off by a loud bang, and smoke rising infront of the windshield, I coughed on the smell, and turned my head away.

Dale burst through the door, with Shane following, "I said it. Didn't I say it? A thousand times dead in the water." Glenn got out, followed by Andrea, then T-Dog.

I jumped down, not even bothering with the steps, my nails clicking, when they hit the burning tar on the road. I winced, the temperature getting a little bit easier for me to bare, after being in the RV, that was surprisingly really cool.

"Problem Dale?" Shane asked.

"Oh, just a small matter being stuck in the middle of nowhere with no hope of..." he trailed off, as Daryl grabbed something from the back of a truck. "Okay, that one's gone."

"Can't find a radiator hose here, there is a bunch of other stuff to find," Daryl said his southern accent present in his voice.

"Maybe some water? Food?" Someone said. Lori butted in, "This place is a grave yard." Oh shush your gob, everywhere is a grave yard nowadays. "I don't really know how I feel about this."

Daryl caught most people's attention by saying, "Alright. Alright, here we go."

"Come on y'all. Let's look around. Gather what you can." Shane ordered. Bitch, I ain't listening to him, he isn't the boss of me.

I trotted after Rick, nudging his hand slightly. "Hey Finn. How tou doing good girl? You good?" He says while patting my head. I gave a small nod. He looked at me slightly confused, before scoffing.

Rick grabbed the bag of guns, and placed them ontop of a nearby car, and started sorting through them, doing god know what, while I sat at his feet, leaning against him. It didn't last for long, because we headed over, and stood at the back of Dale's RV keeping a lookout.

Dale came over, and took the binoculars that Rick was using, before climbing on top of the RV. And just like that, he's on watch.

I trotted after Rick, my tail wagging from side to side. Andrea walked past us, and Rick squinted at something in the distance. He looked up at Dale who simply said, "It's all good." I huffed, and looked at all the cars.