n i n e t e e n

We walked for a while, until we reached some train tracks. We ended up walking down them. Eugene began speaking, "I'm well aware

it sounds bananas. But looking at the fossil record, knowing what I know about this infection, you cannot say for certain it isn't what killed off the dinosaurs. Now, do I believe that's what happened? No. But it's enjoyable as hell to think about an undead ankylosaur going after a diplodocus. That there is a video game worth a pre-order. Oh, hell, yeah. Score. A few more of those, a little aluminum foil and some bleach, you got yourself some volts, sister."

I looked back to see what the fucking hell he was blabbering about now, and saw Tara holding up a coin. Oh my gosh.

"Homemade battery." Eugene finished.

"Here." Tara says, handing him the coin, or in his eyes, the future to be battery. Stupid. That's what this is, stupid.

"For reals?" He asks. "You don't want it?"

"For reals." Tara says. "Much obliged." Eugene replies. "Speaking of video games, what kind of gamer were you? RPGs, shmup, sim racing?"

This carried on for hours, and Eugene never shut up the whole time. I suffered while trying to not hear him talking about absolutely everything. But now it was time to relax, and just chill.

I was led down besides Tara, with my head resting on her stomach, my eyes dropping shut as she stroked my back.

I heard footsteps of a person, and I allowed my tail to wag. Abraham trudged through the leaves, and sat down against the tree behind us with a sigh.

"Go to sleep. I got this. We got this." Tara says looking down at me. I nodded my head slightly.

"No offense, but I'm not leaving
Eugene's life in your hands. Or paws in Finn's case." Abraham says. "You came with us because you wanted help." Tara responds.

"You're support, not point. We'll move north with you till I find

the right vehicle just off the tracks. Then six becomes three." Abraham says.

"Or two." Tara says cutting him off. "We each have our missions. You need to get some sleep. I haven't seen you do it yet. Thought it was because you were in love with him. A girl in love with a guy she's trying to help get to his girl. If that were the case... closing your eyes would be just too damn tragic." Abraham says. By this point I was close to sleeping. I really was.

"If that were the case." Tara says.

"Yeah. I saw the way you were looking down Rosita's shirt while she was serving you dinner. Hey, the things are damn near hypnotic. Look, Eugene spends half the day staring at her ass. I'm not mad, it just means my theory's shot."

"I'm awfully sorry about that." Tara says apologising.

I shut my eyes, not being able to keep them open any longer, and before I knew it I was fast asleep.

I grumbled as Eugene started yabbering again. For fluff sake, this dude is going to get a for real bitch slap in a minute. "Been rubbing me wrong, is all. I'm an even-Steven type gentleman. You help me find the supplies, we'll share the battery and whatever juice we scare up, minimal as it may be. Deal?"

Tara didn't respond, and instead she veered off to the side of the train tracks.

There was a map, with blood written over it. It read "Glenn go to Terminus. Maggie, Sasha, Bob."