t h i r t y - f o u r

The first few days living in the warehouse with Negan was incredibly difficult in the beginning. It was like back at the police k9 training centre with Rick, but only with more aggression.

I refused in the beginning, but as a shock collar was brought in, I slowly began to adjust to the vigorous methods. Each day a different man would walk into the room and drag me out.

I was relearning everything I already knew, but they were drilling into my brain that if I disobeyed there would be consequences. So after the first few initial days I just learned to listen.

On one particular day it was different, this time it was Negan, pulling me out the room. I walked out uneasily, as he put me in heel position.

I kept my side pressed against his leg, skidding across the slippery wet floor. People often mopped it because apparently Negan was a clean freak on some level.

I came to a halt in seeing Daryl and Dwight on one knee as we rounded the corner, "Dwighty boy, I need to talk to my associate for a minute, go about your business." He pointed at a fat man with a gun, "Except for you, you stay right there."

I followed after Negan, uneasy of the warehouse still. I glanced a look back at Daryl, holding back a whine, as we disappeared around another corner. I didn't like this one bit.

After a while, Dwight reappeared but this time without Daryl, and I settled onto the cold concrete of the floor as they spoke, "He is going ape shit." Negan said swinging his bat.

"Yep." Dwight said in agreement leaning against the yellow bars.

"And you? You are a hustling. It's working. It's working slow, but hey man, some peopl are harder to break than others." Negan said.

"Yeah, he's close." Dwight said almost with accomplishment in his voice, and I shot up at it.

"Yeah he is, since you're doing such an awesome job, what about a little blast from the past with you know who? Kidding, lighten up. Pick whoever you want, as long as she says yes. Oh crap, are you okay down there? Your penis? I mean that guys he clamped on it, or is down for the town" Negan spoke lowly, and I tilted my head in confusion, what was he on about.

"I'm fine, but I'll pass, yeah I'm cool." Dwight said.

"Are you cool though, Dwight? I mean I just said it was happy hour at the pussy bar, and Dwight eats for free and you're telling me no. Is that cool?" Negan asked.

"I haven't finished the job. I haven't earned it yet, right?"

"The hell are you talking about. You earn what you take-" Negan was cut off at the static, yet unforgettable sound of a radio, "We have an orange situation."

I flicked my ears at the sound, as Dwight pulled the radio off his belt only to have it snatched by Negan, haha you go girl. "Give me that."

"Arat, what do you got? Grab-and-go?" Negan asked down the radio. " Yeah, he could've only gone three ways -- the moth, the angel, or the hard way." Arat said from the other end.

"Good." Negan grinned.

"It's d. I'll meet you at the gate." Dwight sighed down the radio after taking it back from Negan.

"I mean, I want my shit back, but that is grunt work. Why don't you have fat Joey go and do it? God knows he needs the exercise. You? You don't have to do it, Dwight." Negan spoke staring down at him, tugging at me lead slightly, signalling to fall back to a heel, which I do so.

"I'd like to do it." Dwight smirked.

"Good boy." Negan said, patting his back and sending him off.

As Dwight walked off Negan started playfully swinging round Lucille, and I just lay back down on the floor absolutely exhausted, both mentally and physically, I had been given barely any food, and all the sounds here especially in the room that I had been kept in made my ears sensitive and I couldn't sleep through it.