f o u r t e e n

I opened my eyes to the sound of shit music playing. I smelt smoke, and watched as white swirls emitted from a flame, dancing round, as though this douchebag was not here.

I shit up at the sound of a door, and saw Andrea. I let out happy cries, and licked her face, as she stood there motionless. After a few pats on the head, she let me drop back down to all fours, where I could stand my ground, growling at the ugly ass donkey.

"I went to the prison." What? What was at the prison, or better yet, who? Why a prison, why not a small community with walls... Oh, wait, it is a community technically. "They're broken, living in horrible conditions." Who is they?

The dick, who I had learned called himself the governor asked, "Michonne there? Merle?" Wait, Merle, as in Merle Dixon, Daryl Dixon's brother? I threatened him, taking a step forth. "Yes." Andrea responds. "And Rick?" My heart skipped many beats, and I let out a single happy bark. "Yes."

"He send you back here?" The governor asks. "No. That was my call." I ceased growling, and stared at her in shock, a million and one other thoughts racing through my mind, like there was no tomorrow. I lost my ability to hear, as I looked round, in confusion.

Before I knew it, the governor was kissing Andrea, sending me into over drive. I hid in the corner of the room, keeping myself awake, so that I could have freedom.

By the time it was dark, they were both passed out. And I felt betrayed by Andrea. How dare she sleep, with the fucking governor.

I stood up, and padded over to the door. I used my mouth, to guide till it clicked, I held on to it as i pulled it back.

Voila, and that my friend, is how a dog opens a closed door. I stopped out, and braced myself for something to happen, nothing did. I charged outside, and saw a small hole in the fence. It was just big enough to fit an underweight german shepherd.

I wriggled my way through, and smelled the fresh air. I also caught a faint smell, one that no matter what happened, I could never forget.

I let my nose do the work, and set off on my mission. Homeward bound, baby!

After a couple hours of following the trail, I caught eyes on a small rabbit, and thought it would be perfectly suitable, to eat on the way, or just have a quick midnight snack.

I hid in the bushes, as it hopped about. The moment it paused, I struck. It cell to the ground limp, helpless, as my jaws latched into its neck, instantly swallowing a piece of rabbit.

I sure have missed this. This feeling, of being in control of yourself again, or was that just the rabbit talking?

I took my fill, until I couldn't possibly eat anymore. I picked the scent back up, and let my paws lead me away.

I sure was happy, that I was going to see Rick, but I couldn't help but wonder, what had been going on it the past eight months I think it was. Because me, I've not done shit, other than breathe, think, and sleep. Literally, nothing else. The whole time. Funny though,how I was asleep eight months straight, and I was super tired still. All i wanted to do, was just to curl up, and lie in Rick's arms, with Carl.

But I couldn't, I wouldn't. I had to see them. Daryl, Carol, T-Dog, Maggie, Beth, Hershel, Glenn, Rick, Carl, Lori. Lori, the baby.

Oh my god, I completely forgot. I hope they're alright. I know they will be. Everyone will be safe, sound, and happy as ever. All alive.

I lifted my nose from the ground, looking up seeing a sign. It read, "Hitchhikers may be escaping inmates."

Jeesh, clearly some bad shit went down once upon a time, before shit hit the fan.