t w e n t y - n i n e

I found myself in a dark cold and damp room when I opened my eyes coming back round.

Memories of the previous events that led me here flooded my mind, I was becoming ruthless, careless. I was becoming a killer.

I attempted to get up from my lying position and quickly found my legs giving out beneath me with a yelp.

My side seared up in pain and I looked down to see bloody bandages wrapping my side, with teal vet wrap with various little designs coating it. My front left leg had a similar bandage over it appearing to be over the top of what I assumed wouldve been where I got injected with chemicals of some sort.

I dont really remember much, only that I helped Rick attack Pete and then someone had muzzled me, and given me some sort of sedative.

From there everything was a bit fuzzy.

I can just picture the blood and the pain I found myself in. I noticed the rubber muzzle sat on my nose aling with one of those damn headcollars that stopped me from pulling as much which happened to have a small lead attaching itself to my collar.

I wonder why they thought not to put my harness on, probably because of my side. I had a few cuts here and there with some form of medical substances over it to help everything heal.

I assumed that my back right leg had been fucked up due to the fact it put me in agony and was wrapped up tightly.

I felt like my whole body had been weakened and I hated everything about it. I was in so much pain and my throat felt dry.

I could still taste the metallic of Pete's blood in my mouth. That bastard got what he deserved is all I can say. Don't mess with my friends.

I pushed myself to stand up feeling as about as confident that I could possibly get considering everything that had just happened.

My legs slowly straightened out as I wobbled to try keep my balance, before taking a few steps. I let out a cry and fell down, and almost immediately I heard footsteps above me and voices. I was in a cellar.

I saw wooden steps and pushed myself to get over to them, before my legs decided that giving out was the best decision.

The door flung open and light came through. At the top of the stairs I saw Carl stood at the top. He rushed down without hesitating.

I hated him seeing me like this, he shouldn't have to.

He place an arm under my at the base of my back legs and under my chest and lifted me up being careful of my side.

Together we went up the stairs and I completely leaned against Carl trusting him with my life.

We reached the top and he gently placed me on the sofa in the living room where I remained for a while as Carl rummaged round in the kitchen.

He rushed over to me and gently removed the muzzle and allowed me to eat my food. I didn't care what was in it. I wasn't hungry.

I moved my head to the side and let out a whine looking up at Carl's face as he studied me.

"Come on Finn, you've got to eat so you can heal. They said this might be a side effect of all the drugs they had to give you but for me please, eat."