PROLOGUE

6 Year old Misery stood at the gate of the entrance of her elementary school with her teacher and waited for her mother.

"Did she say she was gonna be late?" The teacher asked, and Misery shook her head no as she played with her beads on her braids. "Okay- let's go back into the classroom and wait for her" the teacher instructed and Misery nodded.

The teacher was about to close and lock the gate when Misery's mother's car drove up. "Sorry, come on Misery" her mother shouted and Misery gave the teacher a smile, "bye Ms. Stuart" Misery said as she walked to the car. "Bye sweetheart. I'll see you on Monday" Misery nodded and opened the car door, getting in the car.

Misery's mother began driving away, "don't look at me like that. I had something to take care of" her mother told her and Misery sadly nodded, looking into her lap.

They got home and her mother went up to her room.

Misery went to go pour herself some juice, hoping she wouldn't get caught. She drank the juice, then began playing tag with her imaginary friend. She ran around the island and giggled to herself. She then ran into a figure and her eyes widened as her mother stood in front of her with a slight mug on her face.

"Go sit down somewhere before I send you to your room and make you take a nap" she told Misery and Misery nodded, going to sit in one of the chairs. Her mother walked away, then Misery heard a big thud and it was her mother, she slipped on the juice that Misery spilled.

"I'm sorry mommy" Misery eyes started watering, "you did this?" Her mother asked, Misery slowly nodded. "You tried to kill me?" She asked Misery, and Misery froze, not knowing what that word meant. When Misery didn't answer, her mother glared at her.

"Go to the bathroom. You're about to take a bath" her mother told her and Misery ran up the stairs.

Misery sat in the bubble filled tub, she felt like she was missing something, then smiled as she saw her Barbie on the counter. She tried to reach for the Barbie, but she couldn't reach it. She got out and when she grabbed it the old radio fell into the tub, and she jumped at the splash. "Mommmyyyy" she cried as she had bubbles now in her eyes.

"I told you not to call me that" her mother walked into the bathroom and looked at the tub with a look of disapproval. "Did you try to harm yourself?" She asked Misery, and Misery quickly shook her head no.

"No mo-Blair, I was trying to get my Barbie and the radio fell in there. I promise" Misery shook in fear as her mother gave her a look that scared her.

"Go to your room" Blair told her and Misery didn't want to go, but still did. She walked back to her room, naked, and her squeezing her Barbie.

Blair came in 15 minutes later, gave her clothes then made her go to sleep, without dinner.

It was 2am when Misery heard noise coming from outside her room door. She squeezed her Barbie and pulled the cover over her face, she thought it was a monster. If only she knew it was worse.

"She's in there" Misery heard then her door opened and two tall/ buff men came into her room. Misery shook in fear under her covers. She yelled at the top of her lungs when she felt herself being dragged from under the covers.

"MOMM-" Her body went slumped as a needle went into her shoulder. Her Barbie fell out of her hand and landed on the floor. One of the men put her small body over his shoulder, then they walked back downstairs. "We'll call you soon" the man said and Blair nodded, forcing her tears.

"Just make sure she's safe please" she "cried" and the men nodded. Feeling sorry for the young mother.

The man laid Misery on the stretcher in the back of the truck. They made sure her body was tied down, just in case the sedative wore off before they got to the institution. The men got back in their seats, and the driver looked at Misery and shook his head. "Why would a young girl like that wanna harm herself?" He asked, the two men who went into the house.

"Maybe it's all a part of her Imagination"