I+

Misery Moore

I hate texting.

Did y'all know that WYD means what are you doing? I would've never guessed it.

I feel like such an old person when Alana text's me different things like "gtg" "gn" "LMAOO" "bc" I'm always like ???

Is this really how y'all be texting each other? Y'all really do this everyday? 24/7?

I usually would've just stop replying by now because it does take a lot of energy, but it's kinda hard not to. Alana makes me smile and laugh. Will I ever tell her that? I don't think so. I don't want her to know she has that much power over my emotions.

She's been asking me to hang out, but I don't think I want to. That takes a lot of energy, I'll have to put on my fake smile and play nice. I wasn't in the mood to be bothered, either. I wanted to stay under my cover. I kinda like to think of it as like my comfort space.

Blair hadn't hit me in 2 days, and I wasn't trying to anticipate for her to, but I knew not to get too comfortable. I've learned my lesson.

I laid in a ball under my cover and I eyed my phone as it vibrated, while laying face down. I knew it wasn't Jules because she was at dinner with her family, so it had to be one other person.

I hesitantly answered and put the phone to my ear.

"Hey" Alana's voice came through the phone as the phone connected. I didn't reply and hoped she would hang up. "Sunshine" she said in a questioning tone and a little smile went on my face. Dammit. In Jules words, "I folded"

"Hi" I mumbled, "why do you sound like that?" She asked then laughed. Is she laughing at me? "Like what?" I asked, suddenly insecure of my voice. "Like these are the first words you've said all day. Are you still in bed, Sunshine?" She asked, and I sucked on my bottom lip. "Mhm. I am" I told her, hoping she wouldn't judge me.

Then I had to ask myself, why would I care?

"Me too. I've been playing the game all day" she replied, and I hummed. I didn't know how to respond to that. Do I ask what game? Do I tell her I don't care? Do I tell her that if she's been on the game all day, then she must be trash?

I don't understand why I'm second guessing myself so hard. I've never been scared of speaking my mind. It was like I feared that I would hurt her feelings too bad or something. I hated it.

"Did you hear me, Sunshine?" I heard, and my attention went back to her. "Nah. What did you say?" I asked, chewing on my bottom lip. "I asked do you play anything? Then I lost connection or something" "Oh I'm sorry, I um don't play anything. My mom doesn't like them" I told her then cursed at myself.

I was over sharing with her again.

"Really? We gotta play someday" she said, and I shook my head no even though she couldn't see me. "No, thank you" Blair has told me the horrible things in those games. She said it messes up your mind and gives you horrible ideas, and I already had enough of those.

"Why? Scared I'll beat you?" She said, and I quietly laughed. "I'm not the person to challenge. Trust me" I snickered, I'm very competitive. I hate it.

I didn't care enough to win, but I liked when people looked defeated.

"That sounds like a threat" she replied, and I rolled my eyes. It was like I knew she was smiling, and I didn't like it.

"Why do you always have a comeback to everything I say? Can you read minds?" I asked, getting annoyed. She laughed, and I didn't like it. "Stop laughing at me" I told her, I was so close to hanging up on her. "I'm not, I'm laughing with you" "but I'm not laughing, so that makes no sense"

"Hey I didn't make the saying" "clearly" I mumbled, wishing I didn't answer her call. She laughed again and that was my last straw. I hung up in her face.

I put my phone under my pillow and I closed my eyes and eventually fell asleep.

2**^**2**^**2

2 hours later.
9:27 pm.

I woke up to my phone vibrating again, but this time it was Jules FaceTiming me.

I stared at her as she danced in the camera and sung a song. This wasn't abnormal for her, but it doesn't mean I liked it. She put her hand in the camera like it was a microphone and waited for me to sing into it.

I rolled my eyes before mumbling "to the left, everything you own in the box to the" "LEFT" Jules screamed before doing spins and I laughed as she almost fell into her dresser. "That's a sign, you need to quit" I told her, and she glared at me.

"I sense a hater" she said as she grabbed her phone and I smiled, "I thought we already established that" I said, and she laughed. "Were you sleep?" She asked as she laid in her bed, "mhm. It was really good too" I replied.

She shrugged, "I would apologize, but I'm not sorry. You need to hear this voice, I also wanted you to see this beat before I wipe it off" she said moving her face around, so I could see it. "You did really good, I like the glitter" I told her.

She moved the camera to the ceiling and I knew she was blushing.

"Thank you" she smiled, "I have to tell you what happened at the restaurant, it-" my phone vibrated, and she stopped talking. "What was that?" She asked "what?" I was confused till my phone vibrated again. "There it was again" Jules smiled.

"Who's texting you this late? Do you have a secret boo I don't know about?" She laughed and I rolled my eyes. "Can we change the subject please" I really didn't want to talk about this.

"Why? Are you-" "Jules" I said in a warning tone, and she pouted. "I don't know why you don't like to talk about love. It's a beautiful thing" Jules huffed, and I shrugged.

"Can you just tell me what happened at the restaurant?" I asked, and she smiled again, "oh right, I was sitting at the table and a boy..."
************************************************
Calling someone off of Instagram is ... Lmaoooo bye y'all 🐙