N

Misery Moore.

"I wasn't trying to kill her" I sobbed then yelled as my body got shocked. I tugged at the restraints, hoping that today would be they accidentally loosened one.

"Please" I begged, my 8 year old self begged for someone or something to save me. "You know what you're supposed to say" I heard the voice that haunts me everywhere. "But I didn't-" "UGHHHHHH" my eyes rolled to the back of my head as I got shocked again. This one a little more powerful than the last.

I cried and looked everywhere but the doctor. She always smiled at me after she shocked me. "Just say it and I'll reward you princess" her hand went down my arm.

I stared at her, glossy eyes, anger and desperation in them. "I hate you" I spoke clearly and she bites her lip. My body raised off the chair.

I woke up gasping for air and started coughing as I glanced around my room and noticed I was in my bed.

I looked down at my body as my chest raised up and down. I felt all over my body to make sure I was real. I quickly wiped my tears and sat up. My pillow and sheets were soaked in sweat.

I began to do the breathing techniques I saw on YouTube and about a minute or two later I was able to breathe. I grabbed my phone from under my other pillow and there was a missed call from Jules, then a message that read.

Bug 💗🐞: Call me when you wake up :)

I got off my bed and went to the bathroom. I turned on the shower and tried to ignore the nightmare I just had. It wasn't anything new, I've been having them since I was 6. Different ones, scary, sad or happy, in the end they all go back to one place.

One of the pills I take is to help me not have them every day, but it's still almost every day.

After my shower, I put my sheets and pillow cases in the washer, plus some clothes for school. I noticed my mother wasn't home, which scared me, I hated being home alone.

The house wasn't the best when my mother was here, but she did leave me alone sometimes, so I rather that then an empty house. I probably sound insane, but it's okay. Everyone won't get it.

I put on my rusty black jacket, grabbed my house keys, my protection and I left out the house. It seemed like the minute I walked off my driveway, Jules was FaceTiming me.

"This one or this one" Jules asked when the phone connected. "Neither" I mumbled and she rolled her eyes. "I knew I shouldn't have asked a pink hater" she put the nail polish back on her dresser.

I hate the color pink in a I hate all colors kinda way, not in a pick me kind of way.

But Jules? She's in love with pink.

"Did you call me to bully me?" I asked and she smiled. "Yes. Yes I did bestie" she replied, and a little smile went on my face.

"Wanna see the matching cups I got for us?" She asked with a big smile on her face, and I nodded, knowing she was gonna show me anyway.

2**^**2**^**2

30 minutes later.
The Park.

"I'm telling you right now there isn't an Alana on the basketball team" Jules told me. "Maybe she's on-" "Missy" "sorry" I mumbled. "She probably meant her sibling played" Jules tried to make me feel better. "Yeah, maybe" I mumbled.

"I'll call you later" I told her. "Okay. Call me if you want to come over. I love you" "I love you too"

I got on the swing and just sat there, not really wanting to swing. I thought I heard some kind of footsteps, but when I looked around no one was there.

"Mind if I give you a push?" I heard that familiar voice again. I turned around and there was she was. Alana. "Please don't" I mumbled, looking at my shoes.

She nodded and sat in the swing next to me. "I don't like liars" I made known and slowly swung. "I didn't necessarily lie. Well, I didn't mean to, it was a brain fart. I meant to say my younger sister plays" she explained, and I didn't reply. Not really caring anymore.

"I like your braids" she said, breaking the tension that only came from me. I retwisted my hair yesterday and did two braids. I touched my right braid and felt my face heat up. "Thank you" I said, and she smiled at me. Her smile was so pretty, much like her.

I liked her hair also, she had twists that were in a low bun. I wanted to tell her, but I let my nerves get the best of me. So I just smiled back.

"We have to stop meeting like this" she said, and I just continued to smile. I didn't know what to say. My eyes followed her as she got off the swing and walked up to me. I smelled her perfume and I almost melted. Is that normal?

"Do you have an IG?" She asked, licking her lips and unlocking her phone. I nodded, suddenly getting shy. She handed me her phone and when I was putting my @ her phone started ringing. She swiped quickly and smiled at me. I added myself, then handed her phone back.

"I-" her phone started ringing again, and she rolled her eyes. "I gotta go, but we'll meet again?" She asked, hope in her eyes. I hated lying, so I didn't want to respond, but something told me we would, so I nodded.

"Yeah" I said lowly.

She nodded "bye sunshine" she eyed me then smiled and walked off shaking her head.

The ringing didn't stop, and I pulled out my phone. "Yo momma just called my house looking for you. Run home now" Jules said, and I immediately hopped off the swing.

"Fuck" I ran home.
************************************************
Y'all I almost forgot today was Wednesday, my bad. Lmaooo 😭😭