M

Happy Juneteenth to my AA/ADOS readers 🖤🤎

TW: Violence Towards A Minor.

Misery Moore.

I blinked the tears out of my eyes as I watched my mother scream in my face. My hearing going in and out as my fear rises. I thought it was over when she backed away, but then I felt that reoccurring burning sensation on my cheek. A slap.

The tears now coming out of my eyes faster than a few seconds ago. My sight now blurry. I wiped my face and ran upstairs after I heard the garage door slam. I went into my bathroom and ran towards the toilet, throwing up everything I had earlier today. I was used to it by now, since it happened after every time I got hit or cried.

I could hear someone climbing up the secret ladder Jules and I put by the window, but I couldn't do anything but cry. Here I was crying on the side of the toilet like the weak child I am. "Dammit Missy" I heard, and Jules hugged me, bringing my head into her chest.

When I really came to the realization of who it was, I clung onto Jules and cried harder. We held each other until I cried myself to sleep.

2**^**2**^**2

Later that night.
7:56 pm.

I shivered from the coldness and tried to grab my blanket until I realized I was laying on it. I got up and closed the window, not really remembering when I opened it.

I walked towards my bed and saw a figure on the bed, I got a little scared until I saw Juleses friendship bracelet. I sighed with relief and walked into the bathroom now having to pee.

"Fuck" I mumbled as I looked at myself in the mirror. My cheek was swollen. "What time is it?" Jules asked as she moved around on the bed. When she didn't get a response, she groaned and finally opened her eyes. She watched me as I touched my cheek and winced from the pain.

"Stop touching it" Jules mumbled, coming into the bathroom to pee. "When you get here? How did you-" "I was on the phone when she came home remember" Jules answered, and I nodded remembering I did put Jules in my back pocket.

"I would say I can't believe she was that mad over you forgetting bread, but that would be an understatement" Jules said as she washed her hands. "She said that I want her to starve to death" I told her as she grabbed my jaw and eyed my face. Which was something she did frequently.

I used to hate it, but she has kinda forced me to like it now. Keep that between us though...

"That's kinda ironic, don't you think?" Jules said, and I hummed. "Mhm" I agreed, knowing what she was hinting at. She eyed my face slowly one more time, then dropped her hand.

"Speaking of food, do you wanna come over my house tonight? Ma is making your favorite yams" Jules asked as she looked at the time on her phone.

"I can't, I gotta clean the bathroom and I don't wanna see Ma cry tonight" I chuckled sadly, knowing if Juleses mom saw my face she would cry like she always did. "Are you sure?" Jules asked, I know she didn't wanna leave me here. "Yeah... I'm sure" I replied "okay, I love you. Text me if you change your mind" Jules said giving me a hug then she climbed back out the window.

"I love you too" I mumbled.
************************************************
The first few chapters will be the shortest... Bye 💘