two

King of my Heart

Chapter Two: The Move

"Nothing safe is worth the drive."

-Treacherous, Taylor Swift

Aaren never thought that he would be happy to be in Indiana

Aaren never thought that he would be happy to be in Indiana. But after a five-and-a-half-hour flight and then an hour's drive to their new house, he was glad to have his feet on solid ground. His battered green hightops smacked against the ground as he and Caleb nearly fell out of the car. Both were rather clumsy but Caleb is basically a walking disaster. Aaren made sure to catch Caleb and then fixed the younger boy's glasses, running his fingers through the boy's hair to detangle it some. Caleb let out a hum of thanks and then leaned into the older boy's side and they turned around to face their new house.

Both of their jaws dropped when they saw the house. It was new and it was huge, and it stood out. Their street was called Old Cherry Road and all of the other houses on that road were small and old. The Wang's house stuck out like a sore thumb.

"Mom, why is our house huge?" Aaren asked with a raised eyebrow. Piper had a flair for the dramatics, but he had no idea how she managed to get such a huge house built in less than a week.

"I have some connections." She said with a wink, "Now honey can you help your dad and your brother with the boxes?"

"Yeah, yeah." The tall boy dismissed, bending down to grab a box. 

Magic was a wonderful thing. The Wang household was fully unpacked, and all of the rooms were decorated in just a few hours. Aaren now lounged on his bed reading Firestarter by Stephen King when Caleb stumbled in rubbing his eyes. Caleb climbed onto the bed after putting an ABBA album on Aaren's record player and laid his head on Aaren's stomach and went to sleep. Aaren breathed out a laugh and leaned down to place a peck on the younger boy's head. Caleb has always been a person to show his affection through touch, and he was also one of the only people Aaren felt comfortable being touched by. After a bad previous relationship, Aaren developed a bit of an aversion to being touched.