seven

King of my Heart

Chapter Seven: The Birth of Lucas Marie Sinclair

"I wanna be defined by the things that I love."

-Daylight, Taylor Swift

Later on, in Mr. Clarke's class, Max was zoned out, Caleb was taking extensive notes knowing Max would need them later, Will was glancing over at Caleb's notes to make sure he hadn't missed anything, and Mike was listening to Mr. Clarke's lecture. Lucas was doing an exciting mixture of listening to Mr. Clarke, taking notes, and stealing glances at Caleb. Dustin, however, came barreling through the door, apologizing to Mr. Clarke,

"I am so sorry, Mr. Clarke. I'm so sorry. Please continue with the class."

He was messing with the pile of books on his desk, trying his best to get all his supplies sorted.

"Don't mind me. Continue, please. Thanks."

Mr. Clarke ignored the boy and continued his lecture on Phineas Gage. The study fascinated Caleb. But not for the reason you may think, he has already heard about this case in depth from Aaren. What caught Caleb's attention was that Gage changed drastically after what happened to him, to the point where almost everyone around him noticed the change. Caleb was alarmed by how much this was reminding him of Will. He didn't know the boy very well yet, but they had undoubtedly discussed a lot, especially since Caleb had been dragged into the Upside Down with Will when the more petite boy had a flashback. Although Will never thoroughly explained what had happened. But since Caleb was carried with him, he could sense a sinister presence inside Will. He had no idea what it was and had no control over it. It was like there wasn't enough for Caleb to grab hold of. It was almost like Will was just a carrier, a host.

"We have to meet. All of us. At lunch, AV Club."

Dustin's exciting attempt at a whisper pulled Caleb out of his thoughts.

"Why?"

"I have something that you won't believe. AV Club. Lunch."

Max was honestly just excited that the party included her and Caleb. The party was pretty good about including Caleb, but they often left her out, which Caleb would raise hell over, claiming that he and Max are a package deal and they don't only get one and not the other. It always made Mike rolled his eyes but begrudgingly agreed. He was the only one at the party who wasn't thrilled about having Max around. It seemed that he was the 'leader' of the group, and as a result, the others would follow his lead. The other members of the party would always follow Mike Wheeler's lead.