ten

King of my Heart

Chapter 10: Caleb's Villain Origin Story (I'm at least half kidding)

"Topping your fav, you better run away."

-Golden Hour, Mark Lee

Once Caleb and his parents pulled into the parking lot, Caleb took off running into the lab

Once Caleb and his parents pulled into the parking lot, Caleb took off running into the lab. Johnny turned to Piper and gestured for her to go after their youngest, telling her he would be in once he parked and grabbed everything they needed. Piper had taken in an armful of grimoires while Johnny grabbed the rest and then headed into the lab. A morbid sense of dread built in his chest. Someone would die in this lab. Lots of someones. He was prepared to do anything to keep his family safe. No matter the cost.

Caleb was sprinting down the white halls of the Hawkins Lab, mentally preparing himself for what was about to happen. Ever since that day on the field, he's been bouncing theories back and forth in his mind. His mix-matched sneakers smacked against the linoleum tiles, the crew neck he had stolen from his dad was too oversized on him, and the sleeves moved down to cover his hands. He reached up a hand to readjust his glasses on his nose and shook his head to try and get his thoughts to settle. He was following his connection with Will to get to him. Finally, he burst through the doors, and the first thing he heard was Joyce yelling, screaming, and begging for answers.

"Can a single person in this room tell me what is wrong with my boy? What is wrong with my boy?"

"Something is trying to take over his body, to use him as host for something bigger! I was able to stop it from getting to his mind so far with Will's help, but it starts to fight back, and I think it's starting to win. We need to get it out of him, and soon." Caleb got out in one breath, his hands falling to his thighs as he did his best to catch his breath.

Joyce whirled around to face him and then pulled him into a hug. Caleb leaned back against her chest collecting himself. The doctor that Joyce had been yelling at turned to him in confusion.

"Joyce, who is this?" Joyce didn't answer, knowing Caleb could and would speak for himself.

"My name's Caleb, and as you can hear, I'm clearly capable of speaking for myself, so feel free to direct your questions to me if you want answers. Now, will you help Will, or are you just planning on standing there?"

"Dr. Owens, now let's get work, Caleb." Caleb nodded in agreement and then turned his head to the wall of windows behind him to see that his parents had caught up and were now there with them.

"Dr. Owens, these are my parents. Piper and Johnny, you now have an almighty necromancer and two extremely powerful witches. One of whom has formed a powerful emotional connection to Will, and we can use that to our advantage." 

Lucas was back pacing in his bedroom to distract his mind from his anxiety about Caleb and Will, he was rearranging his room. But he noticed that his He-man action figure was gone, not misplaced. He was simply not there anymore, and he hoped this wasn't foreshadowing something that would happen later today.